My three questions

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Dhana-da

My three questions

Post by Dhana-da »

Hello, master Hari!
1.In ISKCON dialogue is the important part of a spiritual life. In my case more than year especially, I do not communicate with anybody from ISKCON and I do not go to a temple. Thus I feel quite harmoniously. How you consider dialogue in a view of the personal experience?

2. me the certain judgement ...90 % of members of religious systems-strange. A question such... Such people are drawn in the organization or they become such gradually? And all can people as a whole have mental and moral deviations? It not irony. It would be desirable to understand.

3.Whether it was necessary to you to read book Eckhart Tolle-"The Power of Now" ?It seems to me very deep analysis of how our mentality operates. Very inspiring way will meet the soul!
Forgive for anxiety! Thanks!
:D
Forgive for my English :wink:
Hari
Site Admin

Re: My three questions

Post by Hari »

Dhana-da wrote: 1.In ISKCON dialogue is the important part of a spiritual life. In my case more than year especially, I do not communicate with anybody from ISKCON and I do not go to a temple. Thus I feel quite harmoniously. How you consider dialogue in a view of the personal experience?
It depends on who I am speaking with and for what reason. I do not like dialogue that is a contest. I do not enjoy having to prove my brain is better than yours, which is what arguing often means, for it is simply a waste of time. If someone wants to speak about a topic and thinks what I have to add to their life is worthwhile, then I like to have a discussion. I do not mind discussions which are in the format of presentations, where I have my say and others have their say. Hearing from others is interesting if what they have to say is something I would like to understand. I see no reason to speak with others to convince them of something they are not interested to understand. I dislike having conflicts with ISKCON people and try to avoid as much as I can getting into arguments with them or having to prove something to them. I do not see value in it. They can do what they like as they like. Outside of the rare times when I can input something valuable (according to their judgment of it) into what devotees are trying to do, I only get involved with ISKCON when devotees say something foolish about me or about what I am doing or saying. I have to say something about it as I cannot allow them to insult me like that. Beyond that, they will do what they wish. I do not shy from saying what I think they are doing wrong (or right! But then again, this is just my opinion) or how they could do it better since that is good for everyone. But there is a risk one takes while getting involved with people who do not allow themselves to question the fundamental axioms of their belief.
2. me the certain judgement ...90 % of members of religious systems-strange. A question such... Such people are drawn in the organization or they become such gradually? And all can people as a whole have mental and moral deviations? It not irony. It would be desirable to understand.
I cannot say as I do not know that many persons who are in other religious systems. I know a lot of ISKCON people, some Gaudiya people, and a few Christians. Not all are strange or weird, but some are. Those who had an inclination to disempower themselves without questioning continue to do so in whatever movement they are in. They become more intense when they think they have the absolute truth and this makes their defects more apparent. Those who did not have such inclinations before they joined a group can manifest certain of the symptoms of the more fanatic after some time, but ultimately they have a humanness about them which is their redeeming quality.

One cannot generalize about people, but one can make certain generalizations about the systems that people accept for these systems regulate what the people do and think to a large degree. Any critique of the persons would have to include a critique of what they are following for the two are inseparable. But all share the quality of having left a bit of their capacity to doubt and question whether what they are doing is right or the best for them when they signed into their philosophical value structure. The difficulty is when such persons act towards others according to what they think they are supposed to do rather than what they personally would do were they allowed (either by others or by themselves) to choose what values are right or wrong for them, or rather, are best for them at each moment in time. Since one chooses to limit oneself when one accepts such systems, it is therefore their own free borne of their needs that determines what they will follow and what not. But limitations imposed by guilt or fear ("I will go to hell if I do not do things in the 'right' way" and so on) our choices narrow dangerously and it is in this state of limitation that some persons become difficult to associate with. This is why most religious groups only associate within their own circles, for they make assumptions about each other according to their shared values which makes them comfortable with others like them for some time until they find out otherwise (an often shocking experience). This makes it tough for the rest of the world to see religious groupies as people to be taken seriously or to be accepted as friends. That does not mean it is bad to have inbred associations, simply one should recognize what is going on and deal with it. Those who do not limit themselves like this use this awareness of the self-imposed limiting mechanism of limitation to properly respond to those who are so limited.
3.Whether it was necessary to you to read book Eckhart Tolle-"The Power of Now" ?It seems to me very deep analysis of how our mentality operates. Very inspiring way will meet the soul!
I have not read it neither do I have it. The title sounds great for there is only power in the now. The past has power only so long as we hold onto it and the future has power only so long as we desire it to be a certain way.
Dhana-da

Re: My three questions

Post by Dhana-da »

Thanks, Hariji for your answers. They are good. It is pleasant to understand after long time that I can so to talk to you here. And thanks for those letters which took place 2-3 years ago. They have very much supported me. On Saturday I shall try to be in on-line and to listen to you. I shall afford one more question:
Why harmonious people are ill? There is a theory on which person who is in harmony with itself and from the Universe-is healthy... On the other hand an example great vaishnavas which had so much physical illnesses though their harmony with the world without doubts?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

There are many causes of sickness. If you are subjected to infection from external sources, you can be contaminated. Radiation of various kinds can create reactions. There are genetic reasons for many diseases, most notably diabetes, cancer, heart problems and so on. What you are born with stays with you in one form or another. There are also sicknesses which help you resolve something in your life that cannot be resolved in another manner. So long as you require the problem, it remains.

There is also another issue. You may say someone is harmonious from your point of view. According to external examination that person may present themselves as being in balance and internally harmonious. Since you generally have no way to examine if this is right or wrong and some philosophy dictates that the person must be harmonious since they are ‘pure’ or ‘advanced’ or ‘perfect’ as they are some kind of spiritual authority, you end up with a big question, how can such harmonious people be sick? Even worse, how can they get so sick that they die young?

Those in larger-than-life positions in this world rarely allow anyone into their private inner worlds. Even though they may externally act in all the ‘right’ ways according to your expectations, their inner world may be filled with self-doubt, fears, worries that they can live up to the roles they have unwittingly accepted, and even a nagging feeling that this is not at all good for them. To avoid having to deal with these problems which they have decided are not resolvable in this lifetime, they live a life of painful denial which eats away at their health. How can you resolve these issues when you are not allowed to face them and make the changes required? It is very hard for larger-than-life people to face fundamental change as it will cause others to think badly of you. This has many implications. What will that person do if they cannot do what they are now doing? How will they live? Worse, "One who has been famed feels infamy as worse than death." How many times have I had to hear from former disciples how I betrayed them? To go through such experiences is not easy and most will avoid them. Yet the body hears our conflict, feels it deeply, and this inner burden causes the cells to resonate with this energy. Any deviation in the natural cellular resonance creates abnormalities in growth and function. These lead to cancer or other diseased conditions which deteriorate the natural energy and strength within the body. The result of this shall manifest in some form sooner or later.

This does not mean that everyone feels exactly like this but we all have our inner conflicts that affect us physically. This does not mean that anyone who is sick or dying from disease has created the disease to exit from this world to avoid having to face their inner conflict. This does not mean that disease has no other cause than inner conflict. Yet, some do create their own death so they can exit an irresolvable dilemma with dignity.

I do not think this is optimal. When one exits in this manner, one has to later on face the same situations one could not previously face to learn to conquer them. This repeated struggle will continue until one develops the proper inner strength and self-confidence required to expand one’s evolution beyond the barrier one faced. What you resist persists.