All things belong to "That" divine presence

A place where Harsi contributes links and information gathered from a variety of sources for the inspiration and evolution of all.
harsi

All things belong to "That" divine presence

Post by harsi »

ezinearticles.com

I Am - All "That"
By Karen Riddell

"All things belong to "That" divine presence, whose home is everywhere. "That" presence is the single, inner life of the entire universe. Each thing perceived is just an outer habitation of "that" one inmost life. From "that", all governance and guidance comes, in all acts and happenings. All things are for its sake." - Teachings from the Upanishads.

We are the image of Source. What does that mean?

Seems we have such varying perceptions of what or who this Origin is, how then are we to know what we are?

There are so many versions presented of what "That' is, some depicting qualities we would not tolerate in each other. so where is the 'truth' about "That"? Is it the angry, vengeful, jealous man portrayed in some religions? Where is the joy in being manipulated by such states? I know what it is to be angry, jealous and vengeful and frankly, those are unpleasant feelings. So what then are we to do and more importantly, why do these perverted representations continue to persist about the essence with and in which we are crafted? Or are we simply molding our interpretations of the Divine within the confines we have of ourselves?

The word - 'eternal' - makes me realize I cannot conjure up the essence of what "That" is with my conditioned, limited mind - For the life of me, I cannot conceptually wrap my mind around what 'eternal' should feel like in a sustainable way.

What I do know, is all my authentic moments of deep, deep interacting with something/someone beyond the known, come as all-encompassing feelings, sensations, profound understanding, deeply personal and oftentimes inexplicable. They are not from my thinking nor praying mind, but indisputably real moments of completely losing any notion of who I think I am, into an awareness of being integral to a far greater reality.

"That" does not live in my intellect. No matter how many books I can quote and how much I may understand the coming together of the cosmos, all is of naught if it is still only information swirling around in my head - as it brings me not one step closer to living it's authenticity. Years of theological studies and debating to find more and more sophisticated ways of saying the same things, do not reveal to my experiencing, a mind that has transcended it's conditioning, as I will still find myself reacting to triggers from deep emotional impressions.

OmniPresence comes in my quiet moments of intimate communication and communion in awareness. It is nothing special and yet, everything - when self dissolves into that moment becoming a part of the whole - Beyond this, I can speak nothing more of "That" and yet, I struggle to find words to describe what "That' is.

The Divine is you - with your own taste and flavor, so for me or anyone else to tell you what "That" is, seems ludicrous hence, so many versions, misperceptions and contradictory information. The unveiling is in your own living. What I or others could share however, is the 'how' - describing some of the techniques or 'tools' we have used to become less and less manipulated by our learnt patterns of thinking and behavior which in itself, opens our experiences to an internal stream of consciousness to and from the unknown. "That"- is where we fill in the blank for ourselves.

The more we drop our conditioning, the more our Divine nature blossoms which for me, has emanating at it's core - the quality of unconditional love. I use the word unconditional to describe the love reflective of the Divine (therefore, our innate being), as we humans have come up with our own version of what love represents and in most cases, it is burdened by expectations, "I love you, if..."

Unconditional Love essentially is, loving someone regardless of one's actions or beliefs - an unlimited way of being. Seems unrealistic but the truth is, if we fully understand that we are not here to influence how another thinks but to evaluate our own perceptions of ourselves and others, there comes a deep level of acceptance of what is, and a releasing of the ego's needs to control how others think and act.

The ultimate is to 'see' ourselves and each other, as divine beings, brainwashed by erroneous information therefore, not acting as our true all - "That" - selves.

With unconditional love as the central representation of my nature - first, I learn to love myself - unconditionally, and in my effort to love myself unconditionally, I learn the qualities of tolerance, forgiveness, patience, acceptance, compassion and kindness, all of which enable me to extend this way of being to every other interaction in my life. This is my inner 'guide' on this journey to unveil the divine in me. It is tangible and realistic as it literally comes down to practicing being conscious of every thought I foster and each choice I make. If I remain faithful to this path, then I believe all other aspects of my life fall harmoniously into place.

So yes, I could go off on the intellectualizing of so much information I've come across along the way - much of which has been invaluable in my understanding more and more of the big picture, but for practicality purposes, when I wake up in the mornings with 'bad feelings", the question is; what, in that precise moment can help me overcome these addictive habits to doom and gloom? First, it is the realization that the cycle of self-negation is a direct result of implanted fears which cause my disconnect to Source, along with a consistent application of self-remembering techniques all of which, begin and end with the same concept and understanding. My journey to the Divine rests on these words: All "That" - is - Love - therefore - I Am - Love.

http://www.Thejourney-in.com
http://www.Thejourney-inbookstore.com
Sources of practical and inspirational information to cultivate and nurture spiritual awareness.
An honest portrayal of one's woman's emotional and psychological journey to break free from self-destructive conditioned beliefs.