on what comes and goes in and out of the mouth

A place to deposit any information that you feel will be valuable for the members of the forums. This can be published articles, facts or data, or links to interesting places. The adminstrators of this forum take no responsibility for the content of anything posted here, or in any of the other forums.
sri

on what comes and goes in and out of the mouth

Post by sri »

The words are said to be spoken by Jesus. Although, I tend to think it is my aunt that says so. :wink: An interesting argument in wich he, Jesus, used those words is described here by Matthew (The Holy Book, The Bible, of course, is the source).

Matt. 15:1-2

Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,

"Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread."

Matt. 15:3-4

He answered and said to them, "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, saying, 'Honor your father and your mother!'"

Matt. 15:4

"'!Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.'"

Matt. 15:5

"But you say, 'Whoever says to his father or mother, 'Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God [has been dedicated to the temple, and of course the religious leaders would then get that]!

You ought to honor your father and mother. As they get older, perhaps help them financially and take care of them, which is part of honoring them.

Matt. 15:6

"'then he need not honor his father or mother.' Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition."

".

Matt. 15:7-9

"Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me!'"

Matt. 15:9

"!Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'"

Matt. 15:9-11

"'And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'" When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear and understand: Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."

Matt. 15:11-13

"Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man." Then His disciples came and said to Him, 'Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?" But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted."

Matt. 15:14

"Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

."

Matt. 15:15-17

Then Peter answered and said to Him, "Explain this parable to us." So Jesus said, "Are you also still without understanding? Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated?"

Matt. 15:18-19

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications!"

Matt. 15:19-21

"!thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon.