Reconciliation

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
harsi

Reconciliation

Post by harsi »

Dear Hari, I was just reading the other day this article http://www.chakra.org/discussions/GurJun20_06.html and I would like to ask you, what do you think could be the best possible way to get to a kind of reconciliation with others, as well as with oneself and the endured fate, pain and neglect one was experiencing in the past, not only in this case, but for people in general, who were ones victims of abuses comited by others?

In describing the demoniac nature and the bad energy which some people emanate you sad recently in a lecture: "So I think that we can safely conclude, that those people who we would classify as demoniac people, are those who have concluded something very deeply within themselves, which enables them to act in ways, which are very aggressive or harmful of others."

And that "because there are energies, which are dripping with, what we would call evil, energies which we feel to be very, very bad, counterproductive, destructive, aggressive, without any heart, without any soul, just lost completely in this horrible qualities." At the same time you conclude by saying that "however, it is I think a certainty, that we attract these energies, that we empower these energies, to a large extend." So how to best reconcile oneself with ones destiny and with those who were involved somehow in it? I guess that could be an important stepp forward, in order to find peace and harmony in ones life, or?
harsi

Post by harsi »

"...an unequivocal expression in loving support of all of those children who suffered simply unimaginable abuse." http://www.chakra.org/announcements/AOtherJun23_06.html

A ´loving´ exchange among one another is always something good, as well as ´an unequivocal expression´ of grown maturity in human relations that can support one in ones mode of life, not only in ones efforts to bring about healing and reconciliation for the misdemeanour of the past, and although doing so is very valuable it’s not so costly... would I say. For every kind of relationship to work, all you may need is love. A tribute to the Beatles...
Last edited by harsi on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I cannot relate to your expression of the situation or the linked texts. I see it differently.

I see the root cause of the situation lying at the creation of the system within which the situation arose. The creation of an educational institution must include the protection of those within it. This is a fundamental element within all social structures. Simply stating that it should be so is not enough. One has to research the best methodologies available, implement them correctly, maintain them properly, and ultimately insure they are followed and correct them when needed. None of these steps were taken when the gurukula was instituted. It was an endeavor that had to fail. I see no benefit in me commenting further on this. I have already publicly stated what I feel was the problem and what is the solution. If you want to make an educational institution you must go through the effort of following the stages mentioned above. Any lapse at any stage will invite disaster.

An attempt to properly deal with the fundamental causes of exploitation and abuse must start by being willing to openly and honestly discuss it without fear.

I concluded it would be impossible to address these fundamental issues and therefore I left ISKCON and personally challenged the very basis upon which ISKCON was formed. I appreciate ISKCON’s endeavors to compensate victims. I would appreciate creating long term therapy for those affected and assisting them to find their way through the rest of their lives.