Experience with music

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Gaura

Experience with music

Post by Gaura »

Dear Hari

I have an interesting experience with music.
Sometimes when I'm listening a music (I like at that moment)
I feel how my consciousness rising up.
And while I'm hearing the music my consciousness goes higher and higher.
And at some moment it's not materialistic any more. It's like a surfing
in the waves of a sea. I fill how I surf on that music waves up.

Could you explain the mechanism of that.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

It is hard to say how you particularly relate to music for the vibrations set off responses within you according to your own unique receptivity. Your consciousness is a product of all that has come before this moment, the mood you are in at present, the surroundings and atmosphere of your environment and your physical condition, amongst other factors larger or smaller. This is a complex set of conditions which influence your response to the sounds you hear.

Specifically, music has the characteristic of being a powerful frequency or vibration. We know through experience that sound is the most powerful of all frequencies on the physical plane. I do not exactly know why so I cannot explain it technically in terms of frequencies other than the frequencies enter into your chakras and affect you deeply within. Different kinds of music enter into different chakras according to the level of the frequencies created. For example, more earthy music affects us at the lower chakras and more heavenly music at the higher. My experience tells me that sound goes into the heart when the conditions are right, otherwise it affects me tangentially at least. As the chakras are frequency antennas and as music is pure frequency, we are affected by music according to the chakras the music connects to due to a similarity of frequency.

Music is very powerful because the music is made by a person who creates artistic expressions according to their intention and motivation. A good artist will convey a particular mood or feeling to the listener by arranging the notes and rhythms in patterns which illicit an appropriate complimentary response in anyone who hears them. Good music does this well and the intention of the artist does indeed go within you in the way the artist intended.

If you have a fertile consciousness to accept the intention of the artist, there is a union between the consciousness of the artist and the consciousness of the listener. This union creates responses within you which can expand your consciousness (if it is uplifting) because the power of the artist and the music the artist manifests has entered within you and created a new situation within your consciousness.

If you combine this intention, artistic skill and ability to create moods at will with the already great power of sound vibration as a sensory stimulus, you have a medium of expression that can affect even the grossest of persons.
prajalpaspeaker

Music was my lifeline supplied for a while by Hari!

Post by prajalpaspeaker »

There was a long period of my Hare Krishna life that was very lonely. I had many duties, and would pass devotees from time to time, but mostly worked by myself. One of my duties was to check the fences that kept the nearly 200 cows,oxen in. Ofcourse there was many different pastures around the farm of 400 acres. I had my few posssesion, one was my bike that I had turned into a personal pickup truck with tools and ability to get to any fence anywhere on the property.

I at some time put on the "kalpa vrksha" list of things devotees might need, "sony walkman" and being a brahmacari, with important responsibilties, it was bought for me and I was happy. I listened to many things over the years with that tape player (when it broke down, got a new one).

But the one thing that really kept me going was the Harikesha Kirtanas done with modern technologies, modern instruments. I bought the entire set of what was available, but I had to make my own favorites. I kept to the few that were the Sanskrit Mantras, it was about 90 minutes of great music. My favorite of all was the Nrsmhadeva Prayers. I would turn it up and go! Off to the next pasture to check Krishna's Cows and the fences that kept them safely in their pastures.

I signed up here only to say this one thing, for Hari Kesha, you helped me enjoy a sad time of my life, when I had many responsibilties and little time, few close friends. And when I turned you on, and listened, feeling some small bliss of the Lord's Prayers, I had my own time, and it was good! Thanks!
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

You are welcome.