Contact with God or Deities

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Gaura

Contact with God or Deities

Post by Gaura »

Today I had a conversation and after that a question arouse in me.

What quality one should reach to be able to have a contact with God or Deities?

Some persons straggling to see God, others say that sometimes they even saw God, but in the main time they don't see God everywhere, they specially want to see God somewhere "up there". They look after God-person and in the main time are unconscious about existence all around us.

So it's interesting is it possible to make a contact with God or Deities in this condition of consciousness?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Let me ask you the following: "Is it possible to not contact God?" Isn’t God everywhere: Vasudeva sarvam iti?

What does it mean to see God? Perhaps you did not mean to use the word in its literal sense of using eyes to perceive the Supreme, but many have decided that they are not having realization and direct perception of God unless they see Him and Her with their eyes, face to face. This definition usually goes unchallenged and is accepted as standard. I do not accept this definition and wish to refute it as yet another aspect of theology that hinders spiritual evolution and forces the aspirant to ‘take shelter in a living representative of God," which includes a number of difficult situations and problematic obstacles.

Those who are etherically aware, in other words, the psychic or sensitive personalities whose perceptive capacity is not restricted to sensory bodily organs, have an everyday experience that subtler energy is more dense than grosser energy. Although this sounds opposite to what we have been led to believe, it is obvious. The feeling of skin on skin or on objects is not as powerful as the deep, intense feelings we have when we love or hate. Forgive the audacity of including this example in this serious discussion (Pamu, are you reading this?) but without the subtle energy of lust, skin on skin contact can be boring. Eroticism depends on mood, atmosphere and feeling which gives the possibility to enjoy physical sensations. Sure, one can have physical sensations and then become erotic, but the most enjoyable part of the experience is the feeling that arises from the erotic energy.

On a more professional level, those who are healers know that the energy fields of people are very powerful and dense and gives them a detailed and personal look at what makes people tick. Physical sensations are not as powerful. (Aaacch, I know there are those who can do the same thing with their physical touch, but they also have refined their touch to be more subtle, but that is another topic).

To avoid a long winded answer that might not even offer new information, let me summarize so:

Contact with God, perception of God, or even a relationship with God is not dependent on or requiring eye to eye contact. The Deity is there for those who are eager to amplify their perception of the Supreme with eye contact, but even when one contacts the Deity one requires an awareness of energy to get any benefit from that contact. Perception and interaction with the Supreme is most apparent when there is an awareness of the energy of the Supreme. This is something real that is felt and which affects us at our essence.

A person who is seemingly unconscious yet has reported contact with God is usually a person who can feel yet did not openly engage in the customary external activities we assumed were required to realize the energy of God. After all, the energy of God is everywhere and it is only because we separate ourselves from that energy with our dis-integrative minds that we make ourselves unaware of it. As the energy of the Supreme is enormously powerful, there are moments when it seeps into our hearts through a crack we forgot to close and touches us with such a deeply exhilarating feeling that we cannot avoid accepting it.

Usually, such persons become inspired to expand their awareness of God through engaging in spiritual disciplines or practices to repeat these experiences or attain greater realizations. When they lose their discriminative power due to accepting fundamentalism in any of its insidious forms, they revert to their previous understanding that avoiding direct contact with the energy of God is safer than opening oneself to it everywhere. It takes some time for them to drop that ball and chain and run with a clear conscience and confidence in their feelings and inner impressions.
Gaura

Post by Gaura »

Dear Hari.

Thank you for interesting answer.You have looked at the question, as usually, from several points of view. I feel you answered to my question in last part of your answer.

And I have read interesting words:
One don’t have to be proud that he woke up earlier and thus somewhat better then others, because it’s a question of time for others to wake up completely. One woke up earlier then other, so what? Other still will wake up and it’s not clear maybe the last one can become clearer and closer to reality then the first one.

Some thoughts!