atma,paramatma

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
kamalamala1

atma,paramatma

Post by kamalamala1 »

Dear Hari

Before coming to well known movement i was thinking that God (Krsna) he knows everything everywhere, since we are all including mater, is his parts.
I never thought that for knowing anything God have to place himself in all beings as paramatama ,this idea came from certain movement and i could nt underst wath is the need of that ,after some time i just blindly accepted that,but question was open.
So the question arising was i right in first place when was thinking that since we are all the parths of God then no need God to place himself in the hearth of every being to just superwise there activites, since he know what his part's doing anyway, as we know what our hand is doing.,?

By the way
Also from that understanding of Paramatama people in that movement said that we should respect other beings since God is in there hearth,
so it seem that they anyway dont respect anybody since they respecting only God in there hearth but not them so it is as they say complete
impersonalism.
From my point of view we should respect everybody since we are all the part's of One (GOD) and since we are Godly in our essence
Can you say is my understanding right,?
Wath do you think how we should understand Paramatma as all present everywere God,?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: atma,paramatma

Post by Hari »

If God is everywhere, he is also in your heart. The concept of paramatma in the heart is nice in that it encourages us to respect God within us. Some find that comforting. Whether one wishes to meditate in this way or not is up to the individual. I doubt if there are that many who have the experience of "seeing" paramatma in the heart, but one can say that one feels God in that way.

You should understand paramatma in whatever way resonates with you. Believers of the scripture will accept paramatma because they believe what is written. I do not think it matters to them whether they have any experience of paramatma or not because they are taught to focus on Bhagavan, and thus paramatma is not relevant.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

The concept of paramatma in the heart is nice in that it encourages us to respect God within us.
Does it mean that presence of paramatma in my heart depends from that do I believe in it or do not?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Hmmm, I was not expecting this reply! :shock: And now I have to say something wise and useful!

If paramatma is already in your heart, your belief cannot change that. If paramatma is not already in your heart but you believe he is, then your visualization brings him there. If he is already there then your visualization is easier. If you do not believe he is there, then he is not there for you; if he is there, you ignore him.

Think about the deities for a moment. We call them to our temple due to our desire to have them with us. We see and feel them because we want to. Others might come into the temple and have no experience or connection to them. If we consider paramatma the deity in our heart and call him to be with us always, then he will do so. I think this is the path to experience the lord in the heart.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Thank you Hari, it is really useful and dispelled my doubts.