Are the responses of Hari relevant and useful to you?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.

What do you think of these forums?

Everything is going on fine as it is
63%
They are ok, but should be somewhat modified
6%
Sometimes good, sometimes bad
6%
Ok, but get rid of the negative people
6%
Let the negative people stay, but edit their texts better
6%
Let anyone say anything they like even if they flame others
13%
Moderate all texts going into the forums
No votes
Write shorter answers
No votes
I do not understand the language or the way you write
No votes
The forums are not so important to me, I like the lectures
No votes

Total votes: 16

Hari
Site Admin

Are the responses of Hari relevant and useful to you?

Post by Hari »

We would like to know if you think the responses are useful to you and therefore we have created this poll. Please vote and let us know how you feel. If we do not get feedback from you we cannot modify what we are doing to make it relevant to you. There is a wide variety of readers in this forum and it is hard to balance what to present and how to manage it. As some have asked for tighter control we need to take this vote to ask for the general consensus. After all, what is the use of this site if it does not serve your purposes? Votes are anonymous so you can answer honestly. Thank you for participating and assisting in the creation of harimedia.net.
Mihail

Post by Mihail »

Just for me: it is usefull to read how Hari replies to flames directed to him.

I still can not see flames between others. Do they exist?
syama

Post by syama »

sorry mihail, my english is not the best. but what do you mean with "flames" ?
Mihail

Post by Mihail »

Precisely: "flames" are texts that flames others. What does it mean "to flames others"? The same that Hari intended to say when he formulated a poll (see above) "Let anyone say anything they like even if they flame others". So probably you should ask Hari.

My english is not the best also, so please do not ask me to explain what "Flames" means. It is not a precisely defined term, but you can feel it, if you participated in forums or Usenet conferences.

Oxford dictionary (http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/flame?view=uk) says that to flame is "send abusive or acrimonious email messages to"

By the way, up to this moment I was the only person that voted to "Let anyone say anything they like even if they flame others". But (probably) this does not mean that my flames are suppressed.