To search and to not surrender?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Dhana-da

To search and to not surrender?

Post by Dhana-da »

Hello,Hariji!
In Saturday lecture you spoke that is better to remain the explorer. But when I search at me there is a purpose or object of my searches even if I in any way do not represent it to myself. And here (for example) I have found, have groped a certain absolute blessing. My experience can tell, that it and is the God, but the condition of the explorer will force me to go further.
Can so to be, what any of mystical experiences and contacts is not absolute, though the purpose-find absolute true? That is I have never the right to tell (Ooo! At last I have found You!) why then the God someone prompted to go and speak about It if Its display for the concrete person was personal individual experience? The person means has the right to search only the personal God?
I so speak much, but actually me interests here that... The Reality of the world with Radha and Krishna, Their games, and all rest-
it someone's personal experience in which have believed an environment other people? Can at me it is simple existential crisis?: )
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Just because you are a seeker of the truth does NOT mean that you have no purpose in your search. Who can object if you are seeking out connection to and relationship with the Supreme as your declared purpose and goal of life? It is great to have such a clear idea of what you want and even better to actively pursue attaining that goal. But if you were to think that you have discovered a method by which you can accomplish that and you never have to go beyond that method or the restrictions of that method to attain your goal, then you are limiting yourself and at one point or under certain circumstances perhaps making it impossible to attain your goal.

In other words, you must maintain the freedom to think on your own and to follow your heart. Some people believe that God is in their heart and can speak to them in that way. If you believe this then why would you not want to listen to your own heart, especially when it is pleading with you to see, hear, or experience something not specifically declared as correct by that path you accepted as all in all? Perhaps your heart is revealing that there is more to be experienced and revealed to you and that a journey into a new kind of awareness is just what you need to get to the Supreme?

It is better, in my opinion, to leave that option open. Give yourself permission to be aware of how you feel and how you see things without limiting your capacity to perceive reality. After all, it is more important to know what is there than to believe what is there. There are unlimited souls in this existence and they all have a unique quality to them which allows them to be inspired in a unique manner. Although rules and guidelines can be helpful, they should not overwhelm your options for experience or awareness. What you do should be your choice. After all, it is your life and you have to live with the consequences of your actions and choices. For your own safety, empower yourself to do what is right.

If you choose to perceive Radha and Krsna in a particular manner that you have experienced works for you, then fine. But if you choose to perceive Them in a manner which you have heard worked for others yet you have no personal experience of it even after quite some time, then you should allow yourself the freedom to question if this method is right for you. But again, this is all your choice. Some wish to restrict themselves since they do not trust themselves or have enough faith or confidence in their own capacity to understand things. For them, accepting a path where questioning is not welcomed, where seeking out the truth is seen as a deviation (such as those people who are upset when I give an opinion rather than simply quoting someone else), and where following is the most important point gives them the most comfortable feelings. Some people feel comfortable with this their whole lives whereas others feel uncomfortable with this. Some need to work on other aspects of their lives to expand their awareness and capacity to love and therefore require stepping out of the restrictions of a discipline to get those experiences. Perhaps at one point it becomes clear that one must take personal responsibility for their lives and the important experiences life creates. By accepting this responsibility they feel much closer to the essence of their being and become more aware of the details of the influences that push them to do what they do and the consequences of not following what they felt was best for them or for others.

Despite the confusion on this issue, what I am recommending is really a simple thing and nothing earth shattering. Stated very plainly my advice is: "Just keep all options open as you constantly seek out the truth at each moment of your awareness." You can choose to limit yourself in a predefined discipline if that predefined discipline is serving your purposes, or you can pick and choose which influences from any number of disciplines are good for you, or you can follow your own heart and do what you feel is best at every moment. The choice is yours.

Even those who restrict themselves to one way of thinking are consciously making the choice to do so. Problems arise when they insist that this is the best thing for everyone. Practically we can see this is not so. Such groups always have a large turnover of their membership.

Yet the essence of Radha and Krsna’s love is available to all. Lord Caitanya did not insist that everyone follow Him in one particular manner. He wanted that you contact the Supreme through transcendental sound and the Deity.

There are other methods of increasing personal awareness that support this ideal. Keeping an open mind and heart helps you see which of those methods are good for you.
Dhana-da

Post by Dhana-da »

Many thanks! Now I understand it very clearly! True here! I Go to eliminate everything, that prevents it to see! :lol: