On Feeling Spiritual Dimensions, the Temple Space, and Divine Connections.

When a lecture is transcribed, it will be placed in this forum.
harsi

On Feeling Spiritual Dimensions, the Temple Space, and Divine Connections.

Post by harsi »

A lecture by Hari broadcasted live on YouTube on 3.09.2016
Watch and listen to at: https://youtu.be/n_bek6YZJfo

Summary of the most important statements of this lecture:

"Sometime people ask me, I know this is a frustration: "I did all those things, yet I don’t feel it in the way I was supposed to, the way I’ve been promised." It’s not the fault of the things, it’s not the fault of the discipline, it’s not even your fault, it’s not even that the system is wrong or incorrect - whichever one it is. It’s that the dimension you’re supposed to be in, when you do this, is something that for one reason or another you don’t feel."

"Now that is far more significant than you might think now. But I’m going to give an example why it’s interesting. As we know I was in a group, you were in a group ... I never really felt exactly that same kind of depths of connection with many or most as I felt with the hurricane people, us guys here in the hurricane. (In Florida was a hurricane before) Or even in our meditations in St. Petersburg or whenever we were doing something together, I feel it very deeply."

"And it’s always boiling down to people. Conflicts between people, inability of people to understand, appreciate or to connect. I felt that often very much that I was feeling rather disconnected from people, at least in that really significant spiritual sense. I felt through the years that the individuals that I felt very close to for some reason or other left, or went away somewhere, or I couldn’t have that contact, or died."

"So it was hard when you don’t really feel connected to people. And it’s even harder like when you’re a leader and you’re being placed in this position. Where you’re not really connecting on that level of sharing in a very intense equality the space - that intense interaction in that space - because another dimension is created."

"That dimension where the leader or the spiritual master, whoever, is empowered by the disciple or the follower who is placing it into your space, (and) who is pushing you more and more into your space. And that becomes a dimension in and of itself. The interaction between the spiritual master and disciple, that becomes another kind of dimension that transcends all the other forms of dimensions. Even sometimes pushing away (the) connection to other people, or (the) connection to even the Supreme. Where it becomes confusing sometimes or you become confused: "He said something or he looked at me, what did he mean? What am I? What? Who?” And shame and guilt and, "Ah, I was not good enough.” So this dimension that I’m speaking of, that’s so important in spiritual life, requires a space, and a space in which we fit."

"Now, let’s examine what we consider the spiritual world to be. It’s a place where people fit. They’re not in a conflict. Or if they have a conflict it’s coming out like fun. So it’s a space where everybody does their thing together and Krishna and Radha and all the others are in that space too. Not sharing it in an awe and reverence but sharing it as friends or as lovers or whatever. They’re in that space in the same way that you’re in that space. We are all in it together. There’s a very big togetherness about it."

"Now we know our dimension centers on Radha and Krishna or Gaura Nitai. It depends on the historical context in this specific case. But it centers on Radha and Krishna and all of that which is going on (centers on them, although) they may not even be in a physical kind of center. But the space is compatible, there is no element in it which is beyond the space. It’s very compatible, everybody’s fitting."

"If somebody has not experienced that, they may think, “that sounds very unlikely.” You know there is a person here and than there’s God. It’s very unlikely that the space would make sense like that. Very compatible, very equal in the sense of the relationships work, they make sense, you can have a give and a take. It’s not all give and take by the God. It’s a give and take. It’s a reciprocating relationship. It’s a reciprocal sharing of the space that focuses us within that dimension. That means before you step into that space you have to be ready to share it. You have to be willing to invest in that space and share it."

"We could rightfully so make an analogy between a massive force of nature and the human beings and the supreme powers that be and those who are not supreme powers that be. When you’re aware of the parameters of the dimension, when you’re aware of the power you’re dealing with, when you’re aware of what it is that you’re relating to, there’s no doubt, there’s no question. It’s given. You don’t have to think about it. There’s no question of doubt. It is. You don’t need to study it.

"Similarly with a depths of awareness of the Supreme, of God, it’s a given how any interaction could conceivably take place. Now, you could do awe and reverence. Ah, ah, you’re great, I’m small. But awe and reverence has some problems in the sense of it usually means protect me, save me, give me.

Let’s say we’re just thinking about love as the force in that dimension that keeps us there, that is the uniting factor. Not awe but love. Now love (is a) hard term to deal with. It’s an intangible. You feel it or you don’t. How do you feel it? Here’s a question for you. Can you contact Krishna, or Radha and Krishna, or Radha and not feel love? I’m not asking can you contact them without feeling love. I didn’t asked that. I said, “can you contact them and not feel love?”

This is two ways of seeing the same issue. One may say, “without feeling the love first you can’t contact them.” God over there, you over here. (The) only connection is you’re feeling love first than you contact them. There’s another site of this coin. You contact them and you feel love. Doesn’t that remind us of anything? Lord Caitanya. You contact him, you feel love. As soon as you contact him (and) you feel that love, you’re connected.

This idea that you got to feel the love first (and) than contact (is) difficult. There’s a million reasons (of) why it’s difficult and every single person listening knows them as well as I do. But that Lord Caitanya connection (is) very interesting one, that you first connect and feel the love instantly."

"Because my question is, “Can you connect and not feel love?” My answer is, no. It is not possible to connect and not feel the love. The reason why that is so significant is that the task - terrible word but it’s true - the mission, the vision, the task, the ideal, the whatever we’re going to try to do, is now to connect."

"Let’s go back again. It’s like this. So if you have an electrical contact it means that two things are stuck together and yes, it’s a connection. But you can also have a contact which is momentary or you can have a contact which is, yeah, (come in touch says Maha) yes, (says Hari) whereas a connection is a linkage - it’s a linkage."

"What I’m talking about (is) this energetic embrace. Like the rocket and the Space Station. The capsule and the Space Station - energetic embrace. So the task - and again it’s a bad word but it really is a task, call it whatever you want - the idea, now is to make the connection."

"Somebody may think the way to make the connection is through the steps of a discipline. Obviously all religions, all traditions, they have ideas, disciplines, to make the connection. And they actually feel, the idea of connection in the same exact way. You go through this and this and this and at the end you make the connection."

"The problem is that (the) transitional stage between not connected, and connected, is not very properly defined. Like you’re doing this this this (and) you’re still not connected. So therefore they have like a discussion. Does the connection come by gradually developing it til one day you’re just there?

Another side may say, “you do it and than like lightning ball, psaam ... it hits you. I don’t want to discuss either of those problems or difficulties. I want to go right to that transition between not connected and connected. By means of discussing the dimensional space in which the actual energetic embrace or connection takes place, in which it lives, in which it thrives, in which it nourishes, in which it goes on and on and on.

Again Lord Caitanya. These people weren’t many of them doing step by step discipline, and neither did some external lightning ball of realization hit them. Lord Caitanya walked in... bango, intimate connection, dimension created. Dimensional space. The temple room. My experience in St. Petersburg we used to do this in the temple there. Walk in, free the minds of all this other jazz which says you can’t embrace the energy of the deity and enter into the dimensional space. Contact, connection, (would be) just flowing - flowing."

"So you place yourself in the environment and let everything else go. And just allow all of their energy to flow to you. Now you become an antenna, a receptical, a sponge, and you fill up. This is contact. And you just reciprocate that and send your love, and than there is connection. That is the dimension. Okay, there are, shall we say restrictions, or shall we say restraints, within that. You are physically living in another space. You are in a form which has demands. You are not yet in a dimension where you can live within that dimension and there is no other space.

"We all right now exist in this dual space, where we periodically enter and leave other dimensional spaces. And yet we can enter into the space of Radha and Krishna or Gaura Nitai. We can connect, we can feel the embrace, we can experience it. So we can do at the same time both things. Not at the same moment but in the same lifetime."

"So if I were to fix what I just said. In my lifetime I can experience - me meaning all of us - in my lifetime I can experience various dimensions related to my physical existence here, or whatever mental, intellectual existence, and I can be in the temple room and experience the spiritual dimension. This is why God created temples. Why since the beginning of God knows how far back there have been places where we can go, drop off all this other jazz, and embrace the connection to the divine."

"The problem has been - the problem was corrected by Lord Caitanya but again it turned up - that we tend to burden ourselves with shame and guilt and doubt and other desires and needs. And we tend to think that, so we don’t get bored, we need power or control or we have to be better than someone or we have to accomplish something, make a lot of money to do all this things.

Actually all we really need in spirit is a temple. Because the responsibility of the temple is very different than one might have thought before. Because the responsibility of the temple is to be the dimension within which the deity space resides. To be the dimensional space of the deities. And whatever a pujari does, or whatever anybody does, is to serve the space, that sacred space, that sacred dimension, so that anyone who walks in - just like the hurricane - feels that power of the space."

"But the real thing is that you feel the deities, you embrace them energetically, and you are in that dimension. Yeah, it is. Let’s say, you can be in the spiritual world. Well, it’s the second best thing. So (it’s the) second best. Indeed it can be just as good, if you cultivate it. You go, you connect, you’re in the temple, you feel it you’re there. And yes, when you walk away, yeah, it dissipates. You get dragged into other spaces. That’s life."

"One of the problems that comes when, for example, you discuss about the temple and you discuss about the depth and the richness of the space that’s there feeling the energy of the deities is that it’s not a physically interactive space. You know what I mean? It’s not a space that’s physically interactive. It’s energetically interactive."

"So you are in the temple, you are with the dieties, it’s another physically interactive place. It’s not like the deities are standing there in front of you and they are talking and walking with you, and you’re doing things together. So we kind of get disappointed in that sense sometimes, and than we enter into a space which has been described to us in literatures. And than we’re in a space and a time very different than ours."

"Because the literatures talk about very ancient times, or they talk about realms which are unfamiliar to us in many respects. But if you think about the dimension of the people who were in that time period that’s written down in these literatures. I don’t feel like getting into a discussion about whether or not it was or wasn’t or could have been or was a change, I don’t care about all that. I’m just talking about... Accept it as it is, no problem.

But that dimension was a very different one. They were in a very different dimensional space. The forces they dealt with, or the people they dealt with, were of a very different quality and character as we are today. So all of that which is described in their dimension is relevant only to them, not to us. And not only that, they didn’t have to worry to much about trying to attain or worship Krishna or Radha. They were connected in the physical space.

So sometimes people talk to me about the irrelevance of certain discussions in the literatures. And I kind of try to answer that, “well, sure, you’re not in that space. So it doesn’t matter.” The essence of what matters is the connection you have. If those descriptions inspire your connection, fine. If not, (it’s) not very important. If for example the structure of the universe turnes you off, don’t bother with it. If somebody having hundreds of millions of infertile wifes bugs you, don’t pay any attention to it."

Read more: https://writer.bighugelabs.com/document ... x0n3BN9KXA
harsi

Re: On Feeling Spiritual Dimensions, the Temple Space, and Divine Connections.

Post by harsi »

A lecture by Hari broadcasted live on YouTube on 3.09.2016
Watch and listen to at: https://youtu.be/n_bek6YZJfo

Questions and Answers

Maha translates a question from Russian:
"What if you were excluded from the temple and you were forbidden to come? I came to the conclusion that temples are not practical. There is always some conflict and incompatibility there."

Hari: That’s exactly what I said, that’s exactly what I was talking about. That these things, these external things, ruin your energy so that your ability to make the connection gets ruined. Okay, so now you have a choice. You can either change yourself to make yourself compatible with that energy or you can find another place. But no matter how you slice it you are a very important part of this equation.
When you enter the temple, if you enter the temple dragging something with you, your capacity will be reduced accordingly. It’s your responsability to walk into that temple - any temple - and have no baggage with you. Sure you have baggage, but leave it part outside, and walk in freely without it, and embrace it.

When I say temple I mean the room where the deities reside. I don’t mean other rooms. In that room it's where it counts. Usually the conflicts are in the other rooms. Don’t bring those rooms into that room. When you enter into the deity room leave it all out. If the stuff in the other rooms is ruining that capacity to connect, than maybe you should be doing something else and just enter the deities room as an independent personality. Either there or somewhere else.

It’s your responsibility to figure out what it is that’s creating the distortion and adjust it, so that it’s not there, and to place yourself within the proper space (in which you're) connecting (yourself) with the deities. Because only you can do that, no one else. (Others) They can assist you to figure out how, or to feel it better, but you’re the one who makes everything happen.

Hari: There was a comment I saw in English: “Can the loving experience from the temple be transferred to the world of beings, because God is everywhere?"

..Sure. That’s the point. That’s why we enter into that atmosphere (of the temple, and) we make the connection. So that we all (do) become so infused with that beautiful energy of the deity, that when we leave that space we (do) take our mentality of the space with us and share it with others - as a service to others - in a way in which we can feel the pain of others and try to resolve that (pain), or try to give them something which can assist them in one way or another.

And yes, God is everywhere, but when one is absorbed in another dimension God becomes less visible, less relevant, less - no I wouldn’t say important - but less on the conscious awareness. So yes, do it, bring it with you! Spread it! That’s nice. You become a ray of light in this world.
----
Question: Can you tell how to restore, or get, energy quickly when we live in big cities?

..Hari: Yeah, well, what is a city? It is so powerful, so dense, and it’s just it’s own dimensional space. People who live in the country know that. When you go into a city you’re entering another dimensional space. It’s complete with all attitudes, with ideas, ideals, expectations.

Getting energy quickly when you live in such a big space big city? Well, that’s what temples are for. To enter into those temples, enter into those places and embrace the deity. As you can see I’m a big fan of temples. Again, I don’t mean these kind of like social structures where... I’m not talking specifically, I’m talking about specifically that space where the deity resides, where the energy of the deity just floods it. Now that’s basically the way to do it.

Of course in your own space, in your own apartment, you can surround yourself with plants or living things, and you can feel the connection to life through the living energy. You can feel that wonder that’s that energy of God, that you’re not alone. You can also meditate and make the connection right there in your own sacred space.

Let’s say you carve out a little place in your apartment or your flat or your house. You just make a sacred space and you go to that sacred space and you bring that energy, you fill that energy, you create that dimension. Again (that's) very much up to you. You creat that dimensional space right there in your place. That’s part of the visualization process I want to talk about next time.

Hari: I have a question here, that some people... that we do all wonder that how (it) comes (that) some temples are more powerful than others, some deities are more present than others? Is it that the deities are more powerful?

..Well no, that’s impossible. But maybe it is possible. Let’s say, you have a temple where you just put some deities. You just buy them off the shelf (and) put them there. And nobody really pays attention. What if you do that? Well, you are not going to have a very powerful experience for others. In that temple room where the people, or some people, come in and just absorb the energy of the deity, the deity is very present. In that room where people come in and just block off the energy of the deity, the deity reciprocates and is not so present.

If you come to me and you really want something from me, you really want my help, you really want to hear what I have to say, than I feel that and I just give. My presence becomes more powerful because my energy is giving its(self) and you are receiving. So my energy has a place to go, it flows from me to you. If you come to me and you don’t want to hear what I say, you don’t... you’re not interested. Well than, I don’t give. (Do you) Understand?

When you come to the deities and you just accept whatever they’re giving you - not what you’re demanding - you just accept their energy, (and) let it flow and you just absorb it. You can even do it right now. Just absorb the energy from the Divine, from the universe, from Radha and Krishna. Just say, Radha and Krishna, I accept you. And you just let their energy flow into you and you just become absorbed with it. You can do it. It’s very much up to you. So in those places where people come and absorb the energy of Radha and Krishna, the deity is giving it. And those deities are considered powerful.

Is it that the deity is more powerful? It’s just that the people who come are more compatible. They induce the deity to be powerful. And in some places they don’t. So the deity just stands there like a statue. It’s very much up to us. That energy (of the deity) is already there, you don’t have to pump up anything, you just accept it. Nothing artificial, (it's) all totally organic and natural. You walk into the temple room and you just absorb (the energy of the deity). And the deity gives and gives and gives unlimitedly. And that is a powerful temple room.

You might say, rightfully so, that these individuals who walk into that temple, and do that, creat the atmosphere. Not only, not entirely. But it’s these individuals who are the catalysts, the spark, they make it happen. Same God, same temple room, it’s these individuals who walk in and make it happen. I think that’s fantastic.

So much power we have to bring the divine. We just absorb the divine energy and it’s here. We become also antennas, but that’s not our role, that’s not our business, to become an antenna. Our business is to absorb the energy of the divine and swim within it and feel it and flow within it and cooperate with it. This antenna jazz is just the byproduct. So much responsability we have.

Hari: Here is a question: "Is it the power, does the power, we perceive depend on our shraddha or faith?"

..I don’t think so. I don’t think it has anything to do with it. You can be a person who knows nothing, and if you just absorb yourself and feel the energy of the deity, you can feel it equally. Of course you had to have some faith to allow yourself to do it. I mean who else would walk in a temple in front of these (deities who are) like statues, with the lights and all of the flowers, or whatever, and do that unless there is some faith? Maybe the initial thing, but not actually the perception of the (energy), when you absorb that energy of the deities. That experience doesn’t depend on faith.

Hari, Here’s a question: "Is it good to practice Reiki or cosmo energy healing."

..Sure, why not? I mean anything you do, that’s energetic and helpful to others, it can be good. Just make sure you do it in a very favorable and beneficial manner for others. That’s where the ethics, a series of ethics and morality, take place. I think one of the main problems of people who use energy as that they may not be very trained in ethics and morality. They may take advantage of things.

Okay, I am going to quit there. So thank you all very much, I hope this has been useful. And much love to all of you, good luck with success, good health, good happiness and connection to the Supreme, to the Divine, to Radha and Krishna, Gaur-Nitai, to your deities as you like!