Am I daemon?

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Drpta

Am I daemon?

Post by Drpta »

In one of your answer to Harshi (http://www.harimedia.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=864) you said: “See how we are manipulated by our beliefs and observe who benefits from it”. This phrase awaked in me something. All of a sudden I realise that all structures I am creating in my mind or adhere to in my life is just a kind of means to make my life more comfortable and ease. I am limiting me by myself. But the interesting thing is that when I letting me to be free, I see that nothing wrong happens. Even my scariest ideas and thoughts are turning up quite acceptable. And namely these “allowings” gave me the most valuable experience in my spiritual explorings.

But some things are still pressing and limiting me as I think on very subtle level. This is limitations created by religions. First is concept of God. I am not atheist and my spiritual experience proof that, but definitions made by religions strongly rooted in me and I think it is not good since they limit me. For example the idea of great God and little tiny atomic me. I not agree! Or almighty God and limited me. Who limited me? I am always worse than God! Why? I do not want to talk about I am always pushed to feel having a flaw or deficiency but God is ever sinless and perfect since now I am not feel like these, but it might be... So, I want to say that we always look like two opposites – He and i. Also I should ever be humble and respectful with God and His energies. And in scriptures God describes such and such, but if He appear before me in another form? The doubt arises – is it God?

But was Lord Chaitanya teaching us to feel like mentioned above? I sure not! So, how can we kick out all these awful religious concepts from our heads? Sometimes they are very subtle. How to learn quickly seeing things as they are?

You know, I think that daemons who challenge God were not just pride arrogant men. Hey were well-educated ones and well-known who they are. I think they were known their spiritual essence well too. Did they disagree that God is? I am not sure. Did they disagree with religion of God? I think yes. You know, often I feel sympathy with demons when I am reading stories or seeing movies with them. May be I am daemon too?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Am I daemon?

Post by Hari »

In computer talk, a daemon is a type of program or routine that allows a particular task to be executed. So for me to answer this question, I would have to understand how you are assisting others to accomplish a task! 8)

Comment on your first paragraph: CORRECT! You are a good person and allowing yourself to be who you are is not a dangerous act, it is the start of something good!

Ah, you are getting the point! Is it not interesting how organized religions tend to limit us and place us within specific confines while telling us what we should do, think, or be to better ourselves?

But you have brought Lord Chaitanya into this discussion and something he taught gives the answer. We are one and different with God. Religions usually emphasize the difference. I suggest that you emphasize the oneness. What is that oneness? That you are essence, filled with spiritual light, love, good qualities, empathy, awareness, capacity, understanding, and many other wonderful qualities all packaged in that unique personality you are. This uniqueness is your difference from God and all other beings. Embrace that difference and be yourself without having to mirror the lives, thoughts, actions, goals, or desires of anyone else. You are fine as you are. Get rid of external qualities and ideals you have embraced. Do not allow anything to cloak your real self. When you as you are without covering, you will see that you are wonderful. Indeed, you cannot be anything else for you are one with God in quality! Getting rid of the impediments placed upon us by outside forces is an important task. We must be disciplined to accomplish this.

Here is something to consider about demons. If you meet a person and they are nice to you, you like them. If they are nasty to you and nasty to others, you dislike them. If they are nasty to someone you love, you really dislike them. If you are God and someone does something nasty to you, do you ultimately care? They cannot harm you, cannot change ruin your life or happiness. But if you sought more action in your life when you were visiting some other place for a while, these nasty people offer you an opportunity to have some fun.

The definition of a demon is interesting. Some say someone is a demon if they are against God. Devotees are for God and demons are against God. There are two teams, God's and the Demons. Each team's members think their team is the best. Without this conflict, there can be no tension. Tension creates growth as it exercises muscles. Members of one team may empathize with the plight of a member of the other team without changing sides. Empathy is a natural quality amongst living beings.

If you ever met a real demon, you would probably want to head for the hills as fast as you could as soon as you figured out who he or she was. You would not stand around and examine the demon in various ways. There are very few real demons in the world. One could say there are many unintelligent, insensitive, exploiters of others who are selfish to the max. But true demons are rare. You are most certainly not one of them and you shall never be one of them.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Oh my poor English! :oops: But it sounds like a kind of to be of service :wink:
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

I suggest that you emphasize the oneness.
Yes, now I emphasize the oneness since I am trying to restore the equilibrium in my relationship with God for so long time I was undergoing the emphasizing the difference. And I am feeling it yielded some good results.
...you are essence, filled with spiritual light, love...
Ok, I am a good person, but where from in my mind appearing so many bad thoughts and desires? If good light qualities belong to my essence, then who is possessor of bad dark qualities such as ignorance, laziness, selfishness, envy, anger, rudeness, malice, hatred and so on? By these I do not want to say that if one has bad qualities—he is not good enough and guilty of having such bad qualities. But if we as essence have also some “bad” qualities, can we consider our being in this world as means of getting rid of these qualities? And namely because we have such qualities we are still here in this “material” world? I have got the point of your idea to emphasize good (that you described here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1009), but sometimes it is also good, as we say to know enemy by sight.

And interesting point is that qualities, good or bad, appear only in attitude to another object. It seems that they do not exist of themselves.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Maybe you should read my book? 8)

Obviously you have accepted qualities and characteristics that are not great, some of which you might even hate! These are not you, they are what you have accepted into your life for various reasons you thought were correct when you did it, or you didn't think at all and just accepted mindlessly. Your task is to rid yourself of all these external things that are not you and live within your own natural energy.

That you are a good person who is good enough does not mean that you shall not have troubles. It means that you do not need to hold on to these less desirable qualities to punish yourself or to fulfill a role you have accepted as someone who is bad. This allows you to move into a better place by empowering you to give up unwanted aspects of your present self or burdens in your life that are not serving your best interests.

How you can do this is a big subject and ALL of my lectures and my recent book are dedicated to assisting you to do this by giving you the tools to remove the unwanted ideas and concepts you have embraced in an attitude of mindful awareness, deep perception of what is real, and the discipline required to accept yourself and not interfere with your natural energy. Although it might sound dismissive, I recommend that you listen to the lectures with this idea in mind. I systematically went through the hundreds of obstacles we all face, the struggles and stress that dominate our lives, the behavior modifications we have undergone, and the unlimited trauma that has defined us over an unknown number of years. Your questions seem to be based on your not having heard my lectures and reading my book. I spent years presenting these materials just so that you can find what you seek.

Knowing the enemy is fine, but if the enemy is yourself, then knowing yourself is the goal. Knowing yourself also means becoming more and more aware of how you act in certain situations and how you create your choices when challenged by life. For example, if someone is in your way for some reason, are you rude to them to move them? If so, you have chosen to act in that way. Why did you do that? What do you intend to gain? You thought that was the right thing to do at that time. Probably because you felt that what you wanted was the highest priority and this other person did not matter. However, using the tool of awareness and the discipline of there is only one of us, you might be able to see how your own mind and emotions become colored and burdened by this choice, and further, how the thought forms created by the person who you hurt by your rudeness remain with you and attach to your energy, creating one more burden on your already stressed life. All of these topics are discussed in great depth in my lectures and book.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Oh! I have understood! If I have some bad qualities that I aware are bad for me because they cause troubles for my evolution, than I certainly will try to get rid of them. It is normal. But if I have some qualities which any other is thinking as bad, but I think they are good, so this is a very different situation. For me I am deciding what is bad or good. If I feel that this particular quality, which can be considered as "bad" by others, helps me to become more aware and gives me good opportunity to evolve and connect with divine and discover the essence of me, then I embrace it in spite of any opinion of others.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Yes, you are who you are! You cannot be anyone or anything else. You can only move forward from the place where you are presently situated. When you are aware of who you are and where you are, you can make a plan to move to a better situation if you so desire. This is always good.