Meditation

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
bgnrsmnd

Meditation

Post by bgnrsmnd »

IS there a particular kind of Meditation Practice you do or recommend? I am brand new to this forum and although I "feel" there is something here that I have been looking for, I am a complete "innocent" when it comes to "The Teachings" [if I may call them that.
Thank you for this opportunity to correspond with you. :D
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Hi there and thank you for joining in. I recommend many different kinds of meditations and practices. All of the techniques used are meant to create increased awareness of our essence, that beingness within that is our self, which facilitates our awareness and connection to all others in the world and in the universe. To do this, I have used any and every technique that works (and some that didn't too, but they got dropped fast!) without worrying about it fitting into some philosophical ideal or some discipline. This does not mean that we mix things together, rather, I pick and choose techniques that fit within a very clear and directed evolutionary process. These methods are meant to empower you and make you strong so you can find your place within this creation and discover all you have to discover in your life.

I am going to, within the next some time in the future (sigh) and as fast as I can, post on this site mpeg videos of the basic techniques which give one the capacity to understand the self. I will keep increasing the level of technique in stages until we have archived a good course of meditational development that everyone can benefit from.

Sure I have an 'Eastern' inclination, but I am happy and comfortable with all Western psychological and modern descriptions and concepts that assist us to understand ourselves from all points of view without prejudice. To me, the most important thing is to get to the goal of such awareness of the self that one has direct connection to the energies (and sources of those energies) of our environment and existence.

I am most inclined towards the Supreme Male and Female forms of the Divine and all the forms of those wonderful personalities who fill the universe with their love and service, regardless of their being part of a Hindu, Christian, Pagan, or whatever, tradition. Yet, I am very happy to feel and speak about the primary concept, "There is only one of us," which can mystify, bewilder, anger, or create great joy depending on who hears it and at what point they are in their evolutionary journey. It is impossible to summarize it all in one paragraph.

I know it sounds funny to use the phrase, "The Teachings," and I would object if someone tried to pin it on what I am saying, but in one sense there is some value to such a designation. What I am saying is certainly what I personally realize and practice in my life so from that point of view these are 'my' teachings. Yet, from another point of view I feel that I am presenting information that comes from above, from sources beyond the usual. Someone wrote to me that it seems to him that there is only one author of this knowledge since there is such an amazing similarity between the concepts presented by various speakers, writers and teachers nowadays. I could not agree more! I feel it whenever I hear someone else speak or attend some lecture or seminar. Now, more than ever before, there is a connection between all that is being said. Perhaps it is true that there is only one author behind all of this? And if this is so, then the words that are spoken are certainly "The Teachings." I could accept this if I did not have to take the credit for what I give since I know very well that I am not inventing anything but rather I am passing along to others that which I have gotten in one form or another. And I like to do that too!

I will write a summary of the various forms of meditational practice in the next text. I will use this thread as a place to present what I shall video and put up on the download section as soon as we get more storage space on another server (coming soon.) Thank you for asking.

As far as a book list goes, there are literally hundreds of great books out there right now. One simply has to browse through the bookstores to find them. Our Russian publishing company has printed some of the best of these by translating them into the Russian language.

Next text: A summary of useful meditations we have done and are doing.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I changed my mind. I am going to post the meditational techniques in two separate posts in my Blog forum. So please find the answer to your question there. I felt it was better to have this information available for all as in these forums topics disappear after some time when there are so many new ones!