My quest to find some answers

Days gone by are remembered as good or bad according to our desire. Although we are not encouraging anyone to post texts in this forum, if anyone feels a need to discuss things related to their former times in a spiritual movement or to ventilate their feelings, this is the place to do it. Please maintain proper decorum and do not flame others or other organizations. Any comments or statements herein are the opinions of the poster's alone and have no connection to harimedia.net or its administrators.
harsi

My quest to find some answers

Post by harsi »

Dear Hari,

I was thinking a lot this days, influenced by the lecture you gave last week, what is or was for someone actually the "psychological reason" if one can call it as such to "surrender" or pass to another person, "guru", authority or any other so caled self-realized person, ones decision making power to decide oneself about ones fortune or future in life, spiritually or even related to all kinds of social matters. And its interesting that such a thing one was or is doing "freely" so called, one surrenders to someone in order to get or reach one day the desired goal or the end result of ones spiritual quest: Love of God or whatever one was or is imagining to get by doing that what one does or was told to do by others in all kinds of spiritual groups and organizations.

And this subject-matter as it seems is or was not only relevant to the followers of the present so called "gurus“ or „spiritual authorities" but it seems is applied in some way also to those personalities who passed away already. Often one can read about how some people or former followers of this or that spiritual personality, like Prabhupada, are so much concerned about to "put their master in the center again" like they call it. Now what is or should be the use of it? What would be the consequences of doing such a thing, from a psychological or spiritual philosophical point of view? What does Prabhupada or anyone else who passed away already, or someone who is still living among us, has or should have to do with me and the way I may forge my own fortune or spiritual experience in life and the goal I may aspire or try to reach to?

What is or should be the reason to hanker for something like that? Does you feel better if Prabhupada or anyone else of this spiritual personalities is living with you, or better said is living your life, spiritually or whatever, instead of you? So many strange concepts one is developing or can develop while being a member of such hierarchical based spiritual organizations that by thinking about it I am shaking. I often ask myself is it all true? How could I permit myself to enter freely such a group of people which are propagating all this kind of strange concepts of life and spirituality? Searching after some imaginary so called "Self-realized state" and "Love of Godhead" although in the final analysis one does not really understand in full what such concepts one may propagate may really mean at all.
Hari
Site Admin

Re: My quest to find some answers

Post by Hari »

After hearing the lecture I gave yesterday, December 4, 2010, do you find that many of these questions were addressed? Or do you wish to rephrase the question?