On living and dying...

The place where members can exchange as they like between themselves. A kind of sidewalk cafe for spiritualists.
harsi

On living and dying...

Post by harsi »

Hari writes to Drpta as a response to his interesting questions on how to "prepare" for death that the response to this trauma comes automatically depending on how you were used to live your life. In the "old days" we were used to think that to live best means to die best, which in our understanding was to always think of Krishna. Now if in reality for us spiritual beings there is nothing called death it is just natural to think about this event as a trauma we should be all prepared to faith when time is coming. As the saying goes there is nothing as sure as death. Actualy for us the oposite should be true, there is nothing as sure as life. Its just that life seems to apparently have an end for us, called death. At least in this world.
harsi

Re: On living and dying...

Post by harsi »

Hari recomends to Drpta to "cultivate" his "Godliness" his "divinity". as a means to overcome the fear of death. A fear everyone of us has more or less, depending on how you cultivated your consciousness and your way of thinking. For example everyone of us goes to bed at night having experience of waking up in the morning and continuing with ones daily activities in life. I guess that is what Hari means when he speaks of ripping the fruits of what one is doing and thinking in ones life, which means having developed a certain type of experience from which one is orienting ones life. In the final analysis everything is based on ones own experience. On the other hand how should one develop experience on leaving this body, on dying, and remember that experience one is going, one went thru innumerable times, at least as far the knowledge from certain scriptures goes? Hard to tell. But as far as I heard ones Hari would remember this time he ones suposedly went thru..
harsi

Post by harsi »

Hari writes to Drpta that he should deepen his connection to the divine beings and thus at the time of death he will turn to them with focused attention. Krishna tells Arjuna also to always think, focus his attention, of Him and thus he will surely come to him when he departs this world. That he promises Arjuna because he would be his devotee and his dear friend.See Bg 18.65
Last edited by harsi on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Hari recomends to Drpta to "cultivate" his "Godliness" his "divinity". as a means to overcome the fear of death.
Not the fear but to be sure where I go and find assistance of the divine beings. I think that fear of death is natural for all as it is natural to feel fear and agitation before great unknown.