Education and children issues

All social issues, family topics, thoughts about life in a community, ideas to make things work better, family issues, education, welfare, retirement, health concerns and so on should be listed here in unique topics.
Sati

Education and children issues

Post by Sati »

I have a car, so its easy for me to come and go...and i have a lot of work i usually do at home... but i have a son. He needs to study at school. And some other people also have children who need school. Also there must be a good hospital near that place. I would prefer this community to be not far from some city... not as big as Moscow... smaller... but there must be good schools and good medical care there so that children can go to school there and be properly protected. I think the way to school must be not longer then 20 minuits by car one way otherwise children get tired... Also children need sports, art sections and places to hang out during the weekend.
As for smaller children - i think we can make some arrangement ourselves in the community- mothers can take turns to sit with babies. But as for education - i prefer my child to get it in a professional place... and its also nesessary, i think, for children to see other people, not mostly the members of our community... and for us also, ofcourse:)
What do you think about it, people?
harsi

Re: Education and children issues

Post by harsi »

A community can be in my opinion also a gathering of people who like to associate with each other because they share the same ideas and spiritual goals. I personally am a little bid sceptical when it comes to found a community of people on some peace of land somewhere. We've had enough of this kind of "spiritual experiences" of the past which always ended in some kind of financial catastrophy, at least here in Germany it was often that way. In my opinion a community could be also a legal association of people who meet every now an than in some rented building of a town or village somewhere, and otherwise one is living ones life in the "real society" wherever that may be. I mean do we always have to reinvent the wheel in some way new? It exists already. I personally am not inclined to always rebel against modernity some spiritualists may have some problems with. Why should one?
Last edited by harsi on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sati

Re: Education and children issues

Post by Sati »

i am ... not to say sceptical... i am completely opened to this ideа... but i am very and very careful...most of my friends are not from harimedia and (o, horror :004 ) some of them are not vegetarian or even smoke or something else :lol: ... For sure i dont want to have this habbits in my house, but i love this people not less and some of them even more then some spiritualists. I dont want to isolate myself and my son from other people of the world - i think its nessesary for him to grow among simple people and see and understand the spiritual ideas in the context of all the world - not just one group. And i hope that he will make friends with people not because of what they eat or how do they meditate or how spiritual they are (its not possible to mesure anyway...) but how do they fit together and how do they feel about each other...I dont want the isolation from the world for me and my son. Also i like professionals to do things - teaching is one of those things. Good teachers are very important for a child in order to get taste for subjects and to have a good choice to choose what do they want to do in life. The profession and job that you like is very important in life...
I like the idea of ecological settlement and feeling more safe about the future in regard to crisis and some togetherness with some spiritualists. To what extent - i dont know.Its very personal in each case. Its all i can say about it now.