Understanding the term ´energy´

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
harsi

Re: Understanding the term ´energy´

Post by harsi »

kamalamala1 wrote:... how to feel (the) Lord´s presence and his energy (?)
You are welcome, Kamalamala. I would like to tell you how I managed to "feel" the Lord´s presence in my life and in my activities. As you know in the company of like-minded people who considered themselves devotees of Krishna it was customary or common to exercise ones mind or intellect to "think" of Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead as it was called. In my understanding this thinking exercise was not limited to thinking of Krishna in the sense of for example: "I will always think of you, my dear friend, and of all the precious moments that we have shared", rather in my understanding that "thinking" included also to have faith, confidence, in God or that particular divine personality and expecting a positive outcome in your particular "service" or work executed with that view of pleasing the Lord in mind.

It was in the beginning of January 1990, around the 7th or 10th of January, a few weeks ago on 19 December 1989 people in Romania made a revolution aggainst their government and chased their Communist leaders away. It was since a long time that I was thinking about going to my country of birth, Romania - I left it with my parents in 1975 at the age of 14 - and try my best to "preach" "Krishna consciousness" as it was called back than, to my former countrymen. So at one point I followed my intuition, told the temple president of the community at Nrsimha Kshetra in the Bavarian Forest where I was located back than, that I would leave the community to drive to Romania. He wished me good luck and I drove with my white Mitsubishi car away.

Often one can read or listen to people speaking that they would feel this or that while living in the particular communities of Krishna devotees while I personally was always in the mood of beeing my own "Iskcon" or searching the people I like to associate with while beeing in the company of like-minded people and I never feeled bad or oppresed in any way by a certain society.

From Passau, Germany, where the Nrsimha temple is located to Bukarest, the capital of Romania, are about 1500 km, and still it so happened that when I arrived there with my car at around 9 or 10 o´clock in the evening, in that central place in Bukarest where the bloody revolution aggainst the Communist opressors took place and many people were shot, I went out of my car and came near a man who happened to stay alone near a sea of flowers and of lighted candles. I approached him and started to discuss with him. During our conversation he told me how he experienced up close this revolution aggainst the Communist regime and how he saw one man shot in the head and killed by the security forces. I told him where I came from and it so happened that after we were discussing for a while he invited me at his home in Bukarest where I could sleep that night. I accepted and we drove with my car to his appartment.

He had a small appartment and was living alone. We discussed a lot that night in his home before we went to sleep. It so happened that he was himself interested in spiritual issues and while I saw through his books in his book shelf I discovered an Ishopanishad in Russian language he bought on the street while he was on a visit to Kishinev, Moldavia, which was before a part of the Soviet Union. Thus it so happened that by "Krishna´s mercy" and the cooperation of the Supreme I met exacly the right person and I was exactly at the right time at exactly the right place in Bukarest where we met that evening. The next morning this man told me about a group of people which where interested in spirituality and yoga and were practicing that in hiding or secretly during the Communist time. Since I wanted to meet some of this people he introduced me to another man of this group of people who introduced me a few days later to more of this people and thus I met exactly the right people at the right time I was searching for on my trip to Romania.

When I think back so many things happened at exactly the right time and thus I could really "feel" the presence of the Lord in my life and in my activities performed for his pleasure and glory. Much more could I write here about how I "felt" and still "feel" today about how the Lord is interveening and continues to interveen in my life and in my daily activitys but I would like to stop here since it is already late, its now almost midnight here in Nuremberg, and tommorow morning at 5 o´clock I have to get up and go to work. Please tell me how you, Kamalamala, feel or felt the presence of the Lord in your life and your activities?
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Wath you wrote it is usual thing in the life of every body.
This call sincronisation, and this is happening with actually every living beeing and it doesnt depend on any qualification and even faith.
It is also way to feel Lord presens i and all of our friends and i think practically everybody have tons of such storyes.
But this is not Isue of the post so to finalise this i want to add, that feeling that i am writing is not like that althought Feeling is Feeling, itis same
It is more like when you coming infront the Dieties and FEEL that they are alife not statue.
You know i will continue if you want this isue only in goodold dayes not in this forum since its call discussion with Hari and Hari made special place where we can discuss isues between ourselfs.Let us stop on this.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Its so nice that you made similar experiences while beeing engaged in pleasing the Lord. I really like that expression you choosed to denote that experience with. Syncronization. Yes that it was or rather happens when you do such things with the mood of pleasing and satisfying the Lord in mind. Of course you can do this also with one of your dear friends or your wife and see what happens. Thus over timr you can develop also certain loving feelings towards the person you were choosing to interact in that personal way.
Open up your mind and heart to new experiences of consciousness.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Synchronization is amazing.

But sometimes things happen because of some mystic intervention not only Synchronization.

You know I remember one episode which was very amazing.

When Hari once came to USSR in 90 th it was thousands a of people who want to see him

Everybody was so happy to see him here . As usual we prepared a garland from flowers for Hari as for dearest guest and when he came we offer it to him.

There was one guy his name was Rafi(Parjanya) he was dreaming to get that garland from Hari so much

I was standing in the crowd and next to me was staying Parjanya and he was just saying again and again

how nice will be if Hari give him that garland.Hari had a custom after getting flowers and garlands

he was giving it to people around.

So there was procession, many people with Hari went to BBT rooms and this guy Rafi(Parjanya) was really far from Hari.it was like 7 metr. Suddenly Hari turned back and very fast throw that garland exactly on the neck of that guy Parjanya,since I knew the thoughts and desires of Parjanya I was totally shocked, what to speak about Parjanya he was totally in trans.You know I cannot explain how it happen actually .

Even physically to throw garland on such a distance into the very thick crowd exactly on the neck of one it even experts cannot do easally,and especially on the neck of one who really dreamed to get the garland and all day long was telling me about it.
Is nt it amaising

Is nt it amazing synchronization
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

Synchronization is amazing.

But sometimes things happen because of some mystic intervention not only Synchronization.

You know I remember one episode which was very amazing.

When Hari once came to USSR in 90 th it was thousands a of people who want to see him

Everybody was so happy to see him here . As usual we prepared a garland from flowers for Hari as for dearest guest and when he came we offer it to him.

There was one guy his name was Rafi(Parjanya) he was dreaming to get that garland from Hari so much

I was standing in the crowd and next to me was staying Parjanya and he was just saying again and again

how nice will be if Hari give him that garland.Hari had a custom after getting flowers and garlands

he was giving it to people around.

So there was procession, many people with Hari went to BBT rooms and this guy Rafi(Parjanya) was really far from Hari.it was like 7 metr. Suddenly Hari turned back and very fast throw that garland exactly on the neck of that guy Parjanya,since I knew the thoughts and desires of Parjanya I was totally shocked, what to speak about Parjanya he was totally in trans.You know I cannot explain how it happen actually .

Even physically to throw garland on such a distance into the very thick crowd exactly on the neck of one it even experts cannot do easally,and especially on the neck of one who really dreamed to get the garland and all day long was telling me about it.
Is nt it amaising

Is nt it amazing synchronization
harsi

Post by harsi »

Since you started to introduce this issue, Kamalamala, I would appeal to Hari to overlook that what is written in the description of this forum: "This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation." As you can see, Hari, whether or not you want your life and your former acts comes up again and again in this forum as well as on Youtube for example.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

synchronization is synchronization nothing else

good story is good story whenever it happen.
kamalamala1

Post by kamalamala1 »

i just read again one post by Hari wich is clearly describe all the above isues.And it is so nice and clear that i want to put in this place it again
Here it is
Postby Hari » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

There is a discussion going on in Good Old Days about my "opinion" or presentation of Radha and Krsna. A question was raised because it seems I do not discuss the "lila" or "philosophy" surrounding the "worship" or Radha and Krsna. The quoted words in the previous sentence highlight the problems that exist in the perceivable differences between what I do and what is done by others. The question seems to revolve around the idea that I simply ask people to feel the deities and do not supply the required standard philosophical information of their position and identity. This is a large subject that relates to the way I see things and how I present methods of realization. I shall first address my presentation of Radha and Krsna.

First of all, I do not limit my presentation to "The Supreme." I am concerned with facilitating people's connection to the divine energies, wherever they are found. Simply put, I give people the means to connect to, or tune to, any deity they wish. This technique works equally well in any religion or any spiritual place of worship. I avoid creating a gap between the divine and the individual being. I avoid creating a mood of awe and reverence and do not encourage someone to see the unlimited greatness of the divine in relation to their unlimited smallness. I avoid these concepts and create the mood of personal relationship in an attainable manner, not encumbered by issues of power or worth.

I mainly teach the advanced techniques of tuning to the divine in the St. Petersburg temple. If you look in Hari's Corner, you will see a text where I speak about the deities in that temple. This appears on the website of the temple and it includes a good introduction to who the deities are. While I speak to people about the deities and tuning, I am standing in front of the deities, gesturing backwards and turning towards them, including them in the discussion. In short, the deities are the main focus, so it would be very hard for an audience member to miss my point or to confuse who I am speaking about. As I discuss the process of tuning, it always focuses on connecting to the deities who are in the room with us. I do not speak of them as representations of anything, I do not infer that they represent energies, and I do not use them to accomplish something not related to them. All I am doing is facilitating the people in the room to increase their awareness of the deities, feel their energy as it pours from them, absorb that energy into their consciousness, and accept it totally. I ask them to send their energy to the deities and ultimately to create an Us'ness where we feel a deep and intimate connection to these wonderful personalities. I imply and suggest that the deities are people, are living energy, and are thus perceivable to our aware senses.

Since this experience is real and there is no doubt in anyone's mind what is going on, they are all deeply impressed. They feel a deep and tangible connection to God. In many cases, it is the first such realization, in some cases, it is the experience they have longed for their entire spiritual life. Many former devotees have later thanked me from the bottom of their hearts. Some have said that I have supplied the missing ingredient in their spiritual life.

I do not need to burden the audience with philosophy or lila as they do not need it. What they need is this experience of connection and entering into the energy of relationship. This brings us to the next point.

Stories about Radha and Krsna are nice. They are fun, make us sometimes feel good, and grant us hope that one day we will realize more. So long as these stories are experienced as stories, in other words, we hear them and feel happy to hear them yet we are not experiencing these lilas directly, they remain as stories (although they are spiritual and special). Those who are engaged in the lilas directly, in other words, the "characters" in the stories, do not think of them as stories, neither as lilas, neither as part of a scripture. They experience life in full. The feel it as they experience it. They live within that atmosphere.

More advanced pastime participants on this plane "enter" into these lilas through the process of visualization. They have gone through a focused process to visualize themselves in the lilas, gradually feel their form that is compatible with this environment, and learn to perceive through that form what is happening there, and through long practice of meditating they gradually glimpse their goals. As they become more and more aware, sensitive and experienced, they expand their energy to embrace the spiritual atmosphere.

I am creating that atmosphere directly. I share it with the audience. Those who are practiced in the art of spiritual life through their years in ISKCON, know the lilas and know the identity of the personalities on the altar and their "position" within the hierarchy of existence. And yet, they are sharing, side by side with "non-devotees", the same experience of the deities' spiritual loving energy. Indeed, sometimes the "non-devotees" enter into this atmosphere more easily than the former devotees since they do not have a mountain of misconceptions to climb over. Some so-called experienced devotees are bound tightly by their conceptions of not being good enough, of being fallen, sinful and so on. This restricts their experience. Those who are not so restricted are much easier able to feel and enter into the atmosphere.

The atmosphere of the spiritual realm is not a mental conception, not a philosophical conception, and not simply related to doing the right service while following the right rules to induce mercy. It is an experience. I start from the "end-point" of the experience and create the structure within which the living being can fill in the details.

There are already enough descriptions in the Indian literatures and I am fine with them. If someone wishes to research it is easy to uncover these materials. If they ask me, I can also tell them, but there are many who have dedicated themselves to sharing lila who I am not eager to recommend as these individuals also share other ideals that I feel hinder spiritual progress. They might also ascribe to notions of spiritual elitism, sexism, social ignorance, and fundamentalistic thought, none of which are acceptable to me. Despite the problems surrounding many of these spiritual leaders, I remain naturally connected to these literatures as they are part of me after the 28+ years of study and practice and those parts that increase my awareness and inspire my life remain the basis of all that I do. Yet, I reach for more. Of all the writings, I consider those of Rupa Gosvami and Raghunath das Gosvami to be most relevant to my personal connections.

As far as teachings, I am most close to Ramanujacarya.

In short, I have learned much in my life and now I am sharing the ripened fruit of my personal experience and realization. I do not share it completely as very few, if any, could understand the depth of what I am. Yet each of us can say the same thing about ourselves. We share what we feel is best for others when we wish to do so. I like more than anything in the world to share my capacity to connect to the deities at will, to communicate with them, and to allow them to modify my awareness when they see fit.
Vajra

Post by Vajra »

Thank you Hari
really wanderfull text