sravanam kirtanam

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
kamalamala1

sravanam kirtanam

Post by kamalamala1 »

In contexct of your teaching or your aproach to spirituality
I would like to know wath real meaning have the prosses of sravanam and kirtanam
Previously this two activities was the foundation of the whole movement
And the point was just chant and hear and serve and nothging else
Feeling wasnt at all important.
In that time i was alwready wandering wath is more important feeling or
chnting (sound even without feeling in the most tiems)
And if we have feeling wath is the need of chanting?
And is there any use in such a prosses without feeling?
In this regard can you alsdo clarify
wath does really mean shravanam and kirtanam prosses?
(As i understand real sravanam is when one chanting or saying with deep feeling and kirtanam is the same with feeling)?
And wath is more important feeling or chanting even without feeling?
In feeling i mean bhakti
And in bhakti i mean feeling
kamalamala1

Re: sravanam kirtanam

Post by kamalamala1 »

I also want to add that personally i love very much chanting even without deep feeling
<
But i also like more deep meditations and if some feeling is there then it is the most
It will be very nice to know wath means realy shravanam kirtanam
Hari
Site Admin

Re: sravanam kirtanam

Post by Hari »

If hearing and chanting give you a good feeling, and you like it, then there is great use to it. You say you like it and you have a deep feeling when you do it. Therefore, you are harmonizing with the spiritual energy as you should and all is well.

Sensitive people like to use their sensitive awareness to experience spiritual energy in a variety of ways. Aware people do not say, I am already aware so what is the need of processes that increase awareness. No sensitive person would agree that because they can feel they do not need to do anything that expands their capacity or uses it. After all, life is a continuous feeling experience and anything that expands this is welcome.

Hearing and chanting ultimately are not processes exclusively intended to accomplish some goal. They are not a means to an end, they are an end in themselves. They are a spiritual experience that is a feeling, a love, and a harmonic resonance with the energy of the Divine Beings. Therefore sravanam-kirtanam are relevant at all stages of life.

If a person has no feeling while hearing and chanting, then they are doing something wrong or they are so blocked or energetically distorted that they cannot resonate with the spiritual vibrations. In that case, they need to correct this deficiency to receive benefit from the spiritual practice. This is usually the case for extreme beginners after they pass the “honeymoon” period of initial bliss.

I think the best course of action for blocked people is to find out the sources of their energetic distortions and work on them. This will improve their spiritual practices so they can experience the deep love and devotion that is bhakti.