About Me

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Hari
Site Admin

About Me

Post by Hari »

I am frequently asked when broadcasting shall start again and what I am doing at the moment. Instead of answering each and every text, I thought it best to write about it in this forum.

Broadcasting was originally halted due to my throat becoming very irritated during my last visit to Russia. It was extremely difficult to speak. Although I am much better than I was when I left, I find it hard to speak for long periods of time. I am at present only capable of speaking for a few minutes at a time. This will not change unless I do extensive speech therapy due to a physical defect in my vocal chords. As I am also doing therapy for the constant pain in my back and hips, more therapy would be intolerable and therefore I don't do vocal therapy at this time. Considering this, broadcasting is cancelled.

This is not bad for the poor translators who have their Saturday nights (in Russia) ruined by having to always be there for the broadcast and who must always have a high quality internet connection that functions without breaking, as well as an appropriate computer, microphone, and other paraphernalia. They have to work very hard without any form of compensation as everything we do regarding the broadcasting and media is offered freely. The entire operation is supported by a very small handful of people. Technically, it is a one man job. It is tiring to do and time consuming as it absorbs one's entire day when you consider the post-broadcast editing and inserting into the websites.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I enjoyed doing it throughout these last seven years and I think the recorded lectures shall remain relevant for some time.

I am now doing these thing:

1) I am working on transforming all our Flash based websites and media to be compatible with iOS (iPads, iPods, and iPhones) as there are hundreds of millions of these devices out there and more to come. This transformation is a huge work as there is no ready fix. I am undergoing intense research on solutions to this problem and testing the most interesting of them. When I do find the best one (none of the solutions are perfect), I must then go through weeks of re-encoding all our videos unless I can trick Flash into playing on iOS.

2) I completed a book and it is now with an editor. After this is complete I shall work on another book.

3) I am redesigning some of our websites to improve the content and navigation.

4) I will integrate my presentation with Facebook, youtube, and other social media networks. This has happened to some extent, but I aim to make it better.

5) I will arrange to make a video blog where I can speak directly in english for short periods of time on some topic that interests me. This will appear on my robertcampagnola.com blog and should be automatically integrated with Facebook. These newer materials might or might not appear in foreign languages as translation is enormous work and I am not sure we have the manpower to do this. Being restricted by the constant need to translate all I do into Russian, for example, is ruining my creativity, so I want to record without that constraint.

6) I am working often on creating a community model for the future. I have made contacts with various people who are interested and eager to develop this. It will be a pleasant, ecological, sustainable and energy independent community with a solid economic base. This is my main work as it is what I want to do the most.

7) I am also the one and only maintenance man at my house as well as the network manager, IT director, CEO, CFO, and EverythingO of all our enterprises that support us.

All in all, this work keeps me busy all the time. When new media is available, you will see it appear in the video forum, on my site or on Facebook, and YouTube.
Hari
Site Admin

Re: About Me

Post by Hari »

We (Gaura and me) have managed to make robertcampagnola.com html5 optimized!
Hari
Site Admin

Re: About Me

Post by Hari »

HTML5 is the newest version of web design language. It does not use Flash and it is required to see content on all iOS devices from Apple, such as the iPad, iPhone etc. Now sivahari.com is also optimized to be viewed on these devices. We shall also convert our entire Harimedia video gallery as well.