New self-determination.

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Dhana-da

New self-determination.

Post by Dhana-da »

Hello, dear, Hari! Kind time of day all!
I am Literally yesterday has suddenly realized that already by what part of the consciousness is not connected with society ICKKON. (If certainly to not consider memoirs) I another and I go absolutely not similar on any, by. As it is strange... 3-5 years of intensive submission of to this school... And it is so much years of healing from numerous forms of dependence and suppression...:) Freedom to be itself where is more pleasant though to realize it and to estimate probably would be not possible without ICKKON.
How much important for a spiritual life to identify itself with any group or the spiritual leader? For certain some of visitors of this forum too somehow define themselves. Rank itself as your listeners or to group of free selectors. Whether it is necessary to name somehow in general myself if it anything the general with our internal I probably have no? What purest identification, котрое will reflect an essence of our soul?
And can and to ask it is necessary nobody, when the person has found itself?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

Hey Dhana! It is very difficult to understand your english. You must be using an on-line translation program.

Identification with a spiritual group or leader is usually useful when one is new to spirituality and has to find some way to capture the spiritual feelings and experiences one seeks. As one immerses oneself in the tradition or discipline, one structures oneself in a manner which assists the development of understanding and experience. Even more advanced persons find it encouraging to be with spiritually similar persons.

On the other hand, there are those who find their own way. Some of them start their own spiritual paths or groups.

Your question addresses identifying oneself with a group or leader. Identification with something means one feels comfortable with what is being said as it resonates well with what one thinks. This means that it is a part of you and not something presented to you which you must accept when you accept a group or tradition.

If you have a certain idea of yourself and you find this to be in harmony with others in some significant way, you will want to associate and communicate with those persons. Even if one is highly advanced, being in the association with those who are similar in their ideals or understanding is a desirable thing. We are social beings and want to relate with those who are enough like us to enable easy communication and different enough to inspire us with the new experiences they contribute to our lives.

If one is submissive or stuck on something that one does not feel comfortable with, this could be a difficult situation. From this point of view your feeling of being inspired by your freedom would make sense. But if you now find yourself agreeing with another kind of association, you have to examine if you have entered into this association out of your own free will and with a feeling of harmonious satisfaction. If so, then you are the initiator of your entrance into that relationship and any identification you feel with others is a product of your own feeling of personal identity and therefore is a healthy thing. This seems better than attempting to identify with those who are not very similar to you and with whom you are not harmonious.