Absolute and relative reality

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
kamalamala

Absolute and relative reality

Post by kamalamala »

Dear Hari

I have a question regarding relative reality?

As you told several times the reality is relative it depends on the belives
of people of different group.

In this regard rising a lot of questions few of them i decided to ask.

We know that there are lawes of creation for example such as reincarnation.
And this lawes is universal and seemed to me that they doesnt depend
on the belives of people.
The question is if some group of people have a belive sistem
wich is objecting reincarnation or demigods does it mena that in there reality there will not be reincarnation anymore or there will not be demigods?
More then that there are group of people who objecting God wath about them.

P.S In reality i mean the stage between lifes including :?: :?:
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

To start, I need to clarify the wording of your question. Although reality is relative in the sense each of us have our own perception of what is real, I am not sure one could conclude that a group of people claiming to believe the same thing have the same exact relative reality. Even if two people claim to see things the same way, after a detailed and exhaustive examination they uncover previously unknown differences arising from the meaning they gave to the words they used, their differing expectations from the agreement, or what they see as the implications of that which they assumed naturally followed from their agreeing. Considering this, I am not sure I can answer your question from the point of view of a group.

I think your question is coming from a different angle than my presentation. Naturally, you will find there are people who have different belief systems, some of them totally contradictory. I do not equate a belief system with the creation of reality; rather, it creates a system within which they choose to live. One may also believe that one will live in a body forever and so long as one is alive one may be considered as living within that relative reality. Ultimately that person shall die thus disproving their belief. The point is: just because you believe something does not make it an absolute reality. If someone does not believe in reincarnation or the demigods it does not make these things less real to another who believes in them. The same goes for a belief in God. For the person who believes, this is their reality until some circumstance arises which forces them to reconsider their understanding.

Let us consider the point of a Christian who truly believes that after death they will go to hell for their sins. They may truly go to such a place they either find, having been already created by others who shared their belief, or which they create themselves in their own unique manner where they burn for some time. Others may similarly go to heaven and remain there convinced this is their rightful place. Since the length of time they spend can be considerable, from this point of view they have gone to a destination where there is no reincarnation.

Those with particular belief systems will find the divine energy arrange itself according to their expectations. Christians will be met by angels at death and will meet various Saints and so on, leading them towards their next destinations in a manner they can easily accept. Hindus or Muslims can be greeted according to their customs and beliefs. After all, the divine beings do not need to wear the same uniforms for each person and can at will be whatever is best for those they care for. This is the way they manifest their love.

People absorbed in their own version of reality in life can enter into circumstances mirroring their conception at death and be unaware of this as a self-created illusion. We have heard of a friend of Daskalos who, after his death, was living in such a self-created situation with his mother and family by the sea and who could not understand he was dead and this was not real. Here is an example of a reality that defies the usual understanding of both the materialists and the spiritualists. It does make sense that a highly motivated person can create a situation for themselves after death which is unique and not according to the usual mode of existence.

Such examples do not prove one can create alternative principles which will defy, negate, or transform universal principles. These examples demonstrate the power of the self to create and live within a reality of one's own. These relative realities are sub-sets of the larger reality which is ruled by principles of order and possibility. Without these over-arching structures, the universe as we physical beings see it and as those who are not bound by physical bodies see it would be ruled by chaos instead of order. One is allowed to redefine, restructure and reorder reality according to one's mentality, emotion, physical form, or desire, but this can only be done within the constraints of universal principles, not in defiance of them.

The relative changes we are allowed to make are not bound to any particular location and are valid on earth, in space, on other planets, in the ether or other energetic realms, and even between lives. However, all such relative transformations are constrained by the universal laws. Just as two people can see the same thing in two different ways, we can focus on aspects of reality according to our own way of seeing, thus creating our own particular sub-set of reality which I called relative or subjective reality. We all live within our own subjective reality that is a product of our perception and awareness. How we decide to bend the laws of nature to accommodate our reality is up to us, but bending these constraints and breaking them are two different things. No one can break universal laws. Even if a mystic were to do something seemingly defiant of the laws of nature, it is really not so. It is only that we were unaware that we were living within a sub-set of those laws where we could not conceive of such things and the act of the mystic did indeed fit within the universal principles.