The meaning of life

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
?

The meaning of life

Post by ? »

Respect to You. What the meaning of life do You see now? Evolution, self-perfection! And after this? These are the games of Lord? If the only explanation - games, then these games are cruel, I think.
I have read the books of Walsh! There is no final in it, the eternal circulation between material and spiritual. Brahman if I am right. To speak the truth, the thoughts about it make me depressed. Speaking about the meaning of life it is hard to avoid the old topic about fall of the soul, about exit from the state where you are not thinking: Where is the exit? Due to Walsh one can achieve this state every time after death. If it is so simple then what the use of the achieving perfection during the lifetime? If "Hitler have come to Eden" then everybody achieve the same. Then what is the use of doing something? And why is it so hard to find the answer on this important question?

Thank You for answering on such primitive and tangled questions.
With respect.
alexey

Post by alexey »

It is an addition from Saranagati (translated from russian forum)

"To tell the truth it is better for me to think that we evolve from the part of Brahman. I mean, life has been given to us for development of love to God, consequently for development of our spiritual bodies in which we will come to spiritual world. What do You think, Hari?"
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

You are struggling with an existential crisis, namely, "Why am I here and what is the purpose of life?" This is a big question.

You can read and experience and come to some conclusion. You can believe what someone says because that is what you believe and you can reject what another says because it is not what you believe. All the time you are living your life and creating your own experiences. You have also created this existential crisis since it is time for you to have it. Thus you are powerful. This is not a game, not a lesson. It is life itself which is a composite of feelings, experiences, and energy.

You decide what you want in life by gravitating towards that which you feel attracts you. No one can tell you what to feel and no one can create that attractive force unless you become attracted to it.

Life is not given to us: it is ours. What you do with it is your choice. Your natural state is to be fully aware in the spiritual essence you are. In that state you are connected with the divine immersed in that spiritual love that you and all spirit is. Any other state is uncomfortable since it is not what you are and therefore you want to return to your natural state. This is different from a theoretical original state, it is something else. To state that there is an original state that you must return to creates the illusion that this state is static and we just have to get back to where we were long ago. In reality, you are evolving and moving forward. The natural state is the state of full awareness of what you are and connection to the supreme. This state is definitely different than what you were long ago. It does not matter if you were here or there long ago, or you came from here or there. You will not return to that exact state in any case since you are so much more now than you were then. You have advanced and evolved. Therefore your goal could be to return to your natural state of full awareness of what you are now, in the present, as a purely spiritual energy, and in that state focus your connection to the Supreme and all others that share your essential spirituality.