Understanding the basic thing

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Jiva

Understanding the basic thing

Post by Jiva »

Hello, dear Hari!
I am very eager to know Your opinion on the next topic, I know it is basic, but it is very important to me now.
At one moment one receives information and agrees or feels and formulate inside that he/she is a spirit. Then it comes the shift of priorities and goals. This important admission must bring the ring of questions.
As long as we hold to the position that there is nothing around except the matter, we think about ourselves like an complicacy-organized structure.
And if we are spirit than we have the other qualities than the matter.
And the question is: where have we come from and where we go? And what is our position relative to other world. Everybody tries to answer these questions, and I have not answered yet. And when you don’t know the answer you don’t know to do.
How do You have answered these questions for yourself?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I deal with these questions all the time. Sometimes I think I have them answered and sometimes I am filled with doubts. When I was younger I was convinced that all problems or disturbances in the world could be reduced to a few basic causes and that transforming the circumstances that breed these causes could change the world. As I grew older, I realized that after all my work to implement my theory and plan I was not really closer to the solution I embraced. Even later, I saw that I did not even understand the problem I was trying to fix! You can imagine the shock that created within me!

Everyone knows that there is a practical side of life and some call it the material existence whereas those who are more enlightened think about it as the field of activity. Most understand that there is a spiritual essence which permeates this field and which has a different quality. So long as one is within existence one has to deal with the non-stop dichotomy of making life work "materially" and "spiritually."

For the last few years, I have been speaking about integrating this struggle into one compact essence. We and the world are spirit and nothing else. We are manifesting ourselves within this realm according to our own desire to fulfill our own purposes of attaining experiences that will be a constant catalyst for our non-stop transformation and evolution. Some say we are here because we wanted to re-discover ourselves whereas some say we are here because we were forced to be here due to our being fallen and bad. Those who see life as a process of re-discovery see it from the positive point of view and allow themselves to see themselves as good people who are engaged in a process of evolution out of their own choice. They therefore embrace experience from all points of view and live life with the expectation of advancement. Those who live life as a reaction to being forced to do so usually have a negative feeling about themselves and dislike their ‘fallen and sinful’ natures which are the ‘cause’ of their bondage. They require to reject the experiences of the ‘material’ world to disconnect from this world and connect to the world of spirit.

I prefer the first method as it integrates. I dislike the second method as I saw that it disintegrates people on a deep level and creates dependencies and interdependencies on artificial relationships that weaken them over the long run. My opinion of the second method is borne of experience over many years. My faith in the first method is borne of my experience over the last 7+ years. I am open to adjusting my opinion at a later date.

That does not mean that I am comfortable with life. I struggle regularly with finding meaning in what I do. I had an interesting discussion with myself ;o) about a bad mission being better than no mission (which is a derivative of a comment Sri Ram das made to me once, he is dying in a hospital in California and I am sorry about this, "A bad leader is better than no leader.") and even though I discussed this for a long time I could not come to a final conclusion since the best I can come up with is that all that counts is my experience in each moment of the present. When I have the facility to help a lot of people and can do actions which are widely beneficial, I feel there is a purpose in my life. I am not very good at just living from day to day absorbed in arranging the circumstances of life. Yet, it seems that this experience of living in the ‘real’ world while attempting to integrate my awareness within all aspects of my life is important at this time and it connects me to most of the people of the world who deal with the same existential doldrums I regularly feel. From that point of view it has value; perhaps more value than I am now aware. I am quite sure that when the powers that be see that I have waited long enough, or the time is right to engage me, they will. I will remain ready for that moment. And in the meantime I can write a few texts in this forum and speak on Saturday.

I am not sure if this answered your questions, but it is how I answer these questions for myself.
pamu

Post by pamu »

Existential doldrums are there for a reason, no doubt. What reason? Dont ask me. There is something very mystical with those existential doldrums. The great equalizer! 8)