Inside burning thoughts

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Gaura

Inside burning thoughts

Post by Gaura »

I have a kind of a question which I want to express for already half year but can’t make it in a way of a question. It’s something deeply inside about what I know and don’t know. So I’ll try to explain it.

What we do in between the life states? Who we are then?

It’s seems we are there not in our original state. Though you have said during today’s lecture that there we have more clear consciousness then here, but I think it’s not the absolute state of our clear consciousness yet.
I consider the idea of "what happening here is like a dream about our separation from the existence", is closer to my nowadays understanding. So there, it seems to me also another state of this dream in a more subtle way. It seems to me that who wants to participate in all this dream further, goes there (make some plan), come here to gradually come out of the dreaming state we are in. But if someone wants to really understand and come in contact with his self and reality, what for does he need to go there again? Is it not possible to get full realization in this life?

And my thoughts go deeper and deeper but I think I was able to give, in short and to some extent what is inside slowly burning me for several month.
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

What we do in between the life states? Who we are then?
We are us, without a doubt. The question is: Which state of our evolution are we in? We are the us that is developing without the extra weight of a physical body which is entangled within the web of physical reality. We are not just mind for we are complete with essence and conscious awareness. Even better, we are in a place where we have access to all the events of our life and persons who help us understand what we are, what we were, and why. Our main business is to come to terms with what happened in the last life, how that manifested in the context of our development through many lifetimes, how we transform when we include the physical within our realm of awareness and how we deal with situations that are out of our direct control. When we accept responsibility for what we were, we then can start the process of becoming the next better manifestation in our grand vision of ourselves. We are aware of our idealism in all its glory and we know what we need to do to manifest it. However, due to this idealism we often jump into situations which we are confident to overcome when we are beyond the physical limitations, but which tend to overwhelm us when they actually manifest. For example, we eagerly accept a life as a deformed person for we feel we must do this to learn not to harm others, but the burden can be so difficult to bear we might create more problems than solutions. Therefore our idealism is not the product of complete experience or awareness of our limitations in the physical realm. From this point of view you can say we are not fully aware and advanced. This is all part of the evolutionary process and to be expected. This is why we must go on in our endeavors through these lives.
It’s seems we are there not in our original state. Though you have said during today’s lecture that there we have more clear consciousness then here, but I think it’s not the absolute state of our clear consciousness yet.
We are not interested to go to our original state as returning to that state was not our purpose when we engaged in this play in the physical realm. We wanted to expand our experience and the Divine wished to expand its experience within our spiritual space as this essence wanted to be more. The idea that we are here as a punishment is derived from human conceptions (such as Adam and Eve) and do not reflect the love of the Divine. Our of the desire to expand our awareness and thus manifest as a significant part of the Divine Whole, we accepted a handicap, that is, the physical realm, and are building our essence muscles to expand into experiences that we can relish in a new way. Clarity is not an end, it is a means, or rather, it becomes a constant part of the consciousness when one is in an advanced state of spiritual discovery.

I cannot relate to the word absolute so I will not touch that in my reply. Do you think there is an end somewhere? I do not, but I do think there are realms within which experiences take on a higher quality of love and the interactions are deeper and more intense.
I consider the idea of "what happening here is like a dream about our separation from the existence", is closer to my nowadays understanding. So there, it seems to me also another state of this dream in a more subtle way. It seems to me that who wants to participate in all this dream further, goes there (make some plan), come here to gradually come out of the dreaming state we are in. But if someone wants to really understand and come in contact with his self and reality, what for does he need to go there again? Is it not possible to get full realization in this life?
Dreaming is an important and required part of wakeful consciousness for without it there can be no healthy wakened state. A dream is a reality, but in a form that is different from the wakened state. I will take your words to refer to the fact that our state of consciousness here is different from the in-between lives state which is different from the state when one has evolved to a more sophisticated realm of conscious awareness. This is all true. One can also certainly get into any state of awareness in this life if one practices to learn how to enter any realm one desires. Those who move from state to state know the feeling when their remembrance of their consciousness state in another realm fades into the category of a dream when returning to the physical plane. That does not mean we dreamed these other states; rather, it refers to our memory. I know that while we are elsewhere it is very real and very powerful, yet often hard to believe when we return. I try to remember that each place is as real and as important as the next, but the way these places impact me is dependent on the state of my consciousness when I am there.
Gaura

Post by Gaura »

Thank you for very inspiring answer.
Actually this topic is very interesting to me and I would like to make some more questions in this topic after digesting and thinking about all this.
Janus

Post by Janus »

The question is: Which state of our evolution are we in? We are the us that is developing without the extra weight of a physical body which is entangled within the web of physical reality. We are not just mind for we are complete with essence and conscious awareness. Even better, we are in a place where we have access to all the events of our life and persons who help us understand what we are, what we were, and why. Our main business is to come to terms with what happened in the last life, how that manifested in the context of our development through many lifetimes, how we transform when we include the physical within our realm of awareness and how we deal with situations that are out of our direct control. When we accept responsibility for what we were, we then can start the process of becoming the next better manifestation in our grand vision of ourselves. We are aware of our idealism in all its glory and we know what we need to do to manifest it. However, due to this idealism we often jump into situations which we are confident to overcome when we are beyond the physical limitations, but which tend to overwhelm us when they actually manifest. For example, we eagerly accept a life as a deformed person for we feel we must do this to learn not to harm others, but the burden can be so difficult to bear we might create more problems than solutions. Therefore our idealism is not the product of complete experience or awareness of our limitations in the physical realm. From this point of view you can say we are not fully aware and advanced. This is all part of the evolutionary process and to be expected. This is why we must go on in our endeavors through these lives.

Interesting and far preferable to having take birth compelled into some lower life form by our past misdeeds, but where do we see any evidence that human beings are evolving consciously, and are you speculating about all this or do you believe that you knoe this?
Self realization begins at home
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

There are some books that are written after long research about what happens between lives. The books of Michael Newton, Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls illuminate this subject. In my own experience, I see how my evolution is taking place in this lifetime under circumstances and principles that cannot be accidental. I did some regression to see if I could understand this more, and indeed I did! Now I speak from my own experiences that clarify the vocabulary and methodology of Newton and Edgar Cayce. But, I do not claim to have all knowledge in this field; neither that what I know is common to each and every person in each and every situation. I answered as best I could the question asked.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Hari wrote:There are some books that are written after long research about what happens between lives. The books of Michael Newton, Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls illuminate this subject. In my own experience, I see how my evolution is taking place in this lifetime under circumstances and principles that cannot be accidental. I did some regression to see if I could understand this more, and indeed I did! Now I speak from my own experiences that clarify the vocabulary and methodology of Newton and Edgar Cayce. But, I do not claim to have all knowledge in this field; neither that what I know is common to each and every person in each and every situation. I answered as best I could the question asked.
Interesting. I am not that familiar with New Age techniques f past life regression and am wondering if they also derive, like our practice and the practices of mediaeval sorcery from vastly ancient sources.

Even so, by what you wrote they seem unequainted with the mechanics of manifesting past atavisms in the present, as well as some other things.
I am sorry but many New Age manifestations of marketing strategies appear to me to be cases of " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" when they are not outright causes for hilarity. This past life regression that you speak of does not impress me as dangerous.

Concering our present state of evolution, it appears that as a species that we still largely seem to function on imprinting and conditioning, and that in general we still share with other mamalian species an inability to criticize and examine our own neurological programs. Thus (and again in general); we still find ourselves interacting within a linguistic grid and behaving mechanically and predictably.
Returning to what you wrote, you mentioned deciding to take resonsibility for our previous life in the interum between births. Do you know how that is accomplished or what happens if one decides not to take responsibility for what one has done in one's previous life?

Swami Tripurari (whom I generally appreciate) tried to get into the New Age market with his book Ancient wisdom for Modern Ignorance. I found it to be rather light reading and slightly offensive due to his posing and negative attitude, which struck me as even racist at times.
"Jazz has it’s roots in the spiritual vacuum of voodoo rhythm."
You’d think that he’d have at least distinguished the rhythms of the rites of the "infernal" loa from those of the more politically correct Rada rites and stopped short of paintingthe whole religion as vacuous. It’s like saying that the whole Krsna consciousness thing is vacuous because some of the Vedic mantras are meant for other purposes other than spiritual developoment, that they are addressed to the demigods.
The Petro rites with their off beat rythms do not aim at transcendence after all, the corresponding vevers of the loa that they are directed to are not based upon the vectors of force uniting the four directions of space, but upon the lines between them. They do not call "unto the stars" but into the dark spaces between the stars.

One of the chief elements that the New Age past life regression stuff misses is the Peri-em-hry, or Coming Forth by Day, or "Today" rather, a technique of specific and controlled summoning of the dead.

"Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night."

"Now I a fourfold vision see,
And a fourfold vision is given to me;
Tis fourfold in my supreme delight
And threefold in soft Beulah's night
And twofold always. May God keep
From single vision & Newton's sleep!
Blake
Self realization begins at home