Harmony & modes of nature

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Drpta

Harmony & modes of nature

Post by Drpta »

Hi Hari!

I wanted ask you a question: what does mean harmony from point of view of three modes of nature? Does it mean that if I find myself in place full of ignorance it would be in harmony to behave myself ignorantly, for example? Or I should try to develop and maintain the mode of goodness in any situation? And then what means adaptation to circumstances around us and influence the circumstances on us?

And is being in goodness superior to being in passion or ignorance in light of fulfillment our tasks and destination in this world? I mean if one has born in degraded alcoholic family and inclined naturally to make evil deeds, that it is his choice to experience life in ignorance and for him live in goodness is not his task.
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Harmony & modes of nature

Post by Hari »

Your way of looking at things is fascinating. I find your perspective to be unusual and unexpected.

I do not use the term harmony synonymously with going with the flow. For example, if I had only one hour to finish programming an application that prevented a melt down at a nuclear reactor, I would initially need to accept the task, wholeheartedly embrace the urgency of it and set aside anything and everything, including my well-being, to complete it. Going with the flow of moving forward at any cost, I need to resonate with the energy of success as I and my task become one. I thus use passion in the best possible manner. I do not become one with my work; rather, I focus on my task so intently that my mind and the steps I take to resolve the problem become one. When the task is complete, I move on.

Having a need to fulfill and doing what is required to get it does not create harmony. Thousands of frequencies exist simultaneously and we use each of them at different times to fulfill our needs and desires. Everyday tasks are meant to accomplish something. Passion does this well. The existential state of harmony is different.

Harmony is a state of being wherein I, the living consciousness, am aware of myself, my energy, and the energy of divinity around me, be it in nature, in the temple, or in other living beings. Being harmonious with nature or other beings characterizes the natural common spiritual frequency we all share. To be harmonious requires that our frequencies are in tune. This only happens when we are aware of our natural frequency, we remove all dissonant energy, and we perceive the natural energy of others. True harmony only arises in enlightened states.

Yet, two beings in ignorance might live in harmony together for some time when they share the same frequency. The question is, though, are they harmonizing through the energy of ignorance or are they ignorant of how spiritually compatible they really are? I do not believe that the energy of ignorance can create harmony. Because ignorance can only cover spirit, whatever harmony they feel is due to their underlying divine energy.

Divine harmony transcends material considerations. This harmony is eternal and always resonating within the heart. Lesser forms of harmony do exist, but they come and go. We may play football together as one unit to score goals and prevent the opponent from scoring, but this unity dissolves at the end of the game when we go our separate ways. While harmonizing within everyday life, we meet, dance together for a while, and move off in different directions.

Therefore, my answer to you is two-fold. First, I do not believe we perceive true harmony when we are influenced by physicality. And second, the harmonious resonance that does temporarily appear is a distant cousin to real harmony.
Drpta

Re: Harmony & modes of nature

Post by Drpta »

Thank you, it seems I have got the point.