end of modern society

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Vajra

end of modern society

Post by Vajra »

Dear Hari
Just recently i find in you tube very interesting video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
By the example of animals society development we can see what is the end of our society.
And all the problems begin when life became very comfortable/

So my question is does the comfortable circumstances hindering our development ?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: end of modern society

Post by Hari »

Please do not ask me to view a video as part of a question. I do not have time to do that.

Development takes place under all circumstances, but it is much faster when there is some impetus. We naturally want to resolve our discomfort, so whenever that situation arises we do whatever we can to feel better. This process can encourage us to learn, to grow and to experience more than if we felt fine. However, someone might feel fine and comfortable but be very interested in developing knowledge, researching, or uncovering truths that were hidden. This development is not born of discomfort. Curiosity, the desire to know the truth, the wish to expand knowledge, or gain newer experiences are all part of the process of evolution and not directly connected to comfort. In one sense, one who is disatisfied with their state of knowledge is feeling a form of discomfort, but I do not think that is what you meant.

In the Gita we hear about seekers of the truth. Their journey is not necessarily related to discomfort and sometimes they also live quite comfortably. We also hear about those who are suffering or in need of money. Such persons try to resolve their discomfort by taking up spiritual life. So the answer depends on the person and their circumstances.
Vajra

Post by Vajra »

Thank you for your answer
I agree with you, this video is really boring old and not nice to look.
But it made a question in me that is why i decided to write.
'But all this is not so important actually.Most important the personal evolution.
It is interesting all that you wrote i mean the different ways of evolution is in some way applicable
to enimals life ?
Does they also by there life tasks had an evolution of there soul?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

I could rightfully define evolution as a journey towards the restoration of our natural state. All life is spirit, regardless of its form, and therefore the consciousness of all living beings is fundamentally pure. Animals are living beings, so they also have a natural, pure state. All beings eventually return to this state. I believe that no living being is condemned eternally to ignorance.

I doubt an animal has the capacity to consciously evolve towards a pure state because they would not be able to remove the unnatural impositions on their consciousness. They live according to their aquired nature and rarely deviate from this, although they can display surpising awareness and sensitivity. Considering this, their evolution is handled by devas who situate them in future lives according to their destiny. The principle of evolution remains valid even when the animal does not play a conscious role. I presume that each creature takes their birth to fulfill some purpose in their lives. Exactly how or why this occurs I cannot say, but there ultimately seems to be a reason for all things.

You bring up an interesting point, but perhaps not the one you intended. When answering this question, I examined the concept of evolution itself. If evolution is indeed a journey to an original state, then what we call evolution is really the removal of external impositions. In this case, all living beings share the same process, but at a different pace. Within the long term process of removing external encumbrances, we develop skills and capacities we did not have previously. Is this a development of a new ability or are we coming closer to our natural capacity?