Our limitations help us

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Drpta

Our limitations help us

Post by Drpta »

Interesting idea came to my head. If the limitations we have in this world are helping us? The premise is the God created this world with love. Then why it (this world) limits our capacity to reveal our essence?
I think one reason is to help us to concentrate on solving the tasks with which we came in this world for this world is the best place to solve these tasks. This world gives us the great opportunities in this concern. For example we can easily realize here our “bad” or demoniac features (if one has demoniac desire then one has it, what wring?) for no one can read our thoughts and hamper us. Or we can develop many good qualities if we are lack of and have desire to develop them. For example if one is lack of responsibility he feels a challenge when faces a situation where he should manifest the responsibility and by solving and getting over the situation one develops a certain quality. For the challenges arise from our limitation to act. In this world we cannot act what we would like all the time. Solving tasks and adaptability are also good qualities developing in restricted space for they improve our flexibility and capacity to accept.
So, the point is that one is placing in the restricted space where he is able to solve only a specific kind of tasks with the purpose do not be distracted with a huge variety of other things. What do you think?
But one can object: what is a benefit we are getting from all these development and improvement? All these things seem to be useful only in this “material” conditioned and limited reality, isn’t it? Do we really need to improve ourselves if we are already the best what we can be in every particular time of our being?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Our limitations help us

Post by Hari »

You are right in the sense that too many options creates confusion. This confusion is not conducive to resolving our problems.

Of all the points you raise, this one is the most important:
Do we really need to improve ourselves if we are already the best what we can be in every particular time of our being?
I do not think that we are always being the best we can be. Sometimes we are lazy, inconsiderate to others, neglectful, or insensitive, to name a few things we can be. Neither do we always act according to our capacity or potential at any given moment. One can say that we always do what we think is right at any given moment. When we do something, we do it because we think it is right. Doing what we think is right is not equivalent to doing what is best! There is a difference and sometimes we lament because we did not do what was best. We can always improve. We can always become more aware of how our actions or words will impact others or affect ourselves.

I have repeatedly stated my opinion that we are here in this world to overcome our deep idea that we are not good enough. Overcoming challenges, learning from experience, discovering our qualities, and all the rest of what we could conceivably acquire in this world are part of our fundamental task to reach the conclusion that we are indeed good enough and we do not need to remain in this realm to prove anything more to ourselves.

Emphasizing how bad we are along with a whole plethora of negative thoughts about ourselves sounds like a person who is overweight walking around saying and thinking, "I am fat." This resembles the catholic idea of "mea culpa." I am responsible, I created this situation, I am therefore bad. I need forgiveness, mercy, compassion, and assistance to break free from my negative qualities because I am not good enough to do it on my own. Assistance from others might not be a bad thing, but negativity always breeds trouble. I do not find these thoughts constructive.

Rather, emphasize the good and work on dismantling this age old idea that we are not good enough. See that there is little use in holding onto this concept. Let it go and be the good person you are. You are a good person and that person is good enough for you are perfect and complete in yourself as a complete whole. The more you act with awareness of self, the more you learn about yourself so that you can gradually conclude that you are most certainly good enough!