Practices and techniques

A place to ask Hari, exchange ideas with him, give some suggestions, or share some ideas with him on existence. This forum is not the place to discuss anything related to his former status or situation. Hari will reply to all texts.
Drpta

Practices and techniques

Post by Drpta »

One of important practices for us for today is meditation. And this is very consonant with what Brahma did to realize who is he and who is God. By doing that he showed us personal example. But it is also said that yuga dharma for age of Kali is not meditation but chanting holy names of God. Whether isn’t this contradiction?
Hari
Site Admin

Re: Practices and techniques

Post by Hari »

First off, this question is more suited to the good old days forum because it is based in something you learned in those good old days that now seems to be in contradiction to what you feel presently.

I live nowadays. Meditation has value because it connects me to the divine energy and personalities. I will not stop doing it because someone says it is not the best or not important. I doubt this time span called "yuga" has the power to determine how I shall evolve and I doubt that if I only chanted, everything will gloriously appear. I have not seen it in practical reality. I think much more is required and therefore I have shared my ideas with you all.

But please do not consider anything I say as restricting you. You must do what you feel is best for you.

This may not be the answer you wanted, neither might it be in the format you desired. There has been a recent tendency in this forum to slant the questions or discussions towards the good old days. I do not write or speak relative to those days. I will only include ideas or concepts from those days when they are presently part of me because I only wish to share ideas I now consider valuable. There are many old days people around who thrive when asked about these "contradictions." I am not one of them.
Drpta

Post by Drpta »

Since time immemorial there exists tradition to perform pilgrimages to holy places. Different scriptures describe a big benefit for people performed pilgrimage. All existed religions have such places. Also there are a lot of so called “places of force” on the Earth. All these places I think is very interesting places because of the presence of special energies or highest beings appeared there more intensive then in other places. What do you think about this practice of visiting holy places? Can you suggest any places for visit and why?
Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

According to my experience, some places have great power associated with them, others amplify our own power or the power of nature when we visit them, and some places fill us with moods of love, or peace, or awe and wonder. Most holy places I have visited have wonderful qualities, but the more commercialized they become, the less their original quality manifests. When I first went to Vrindavan in 1972, I found the spiritual atmosphere to be mystical, enticing, and embracing. When it became discovered as a place for tourism or retirement and more and more houses, shops, roads, hotels and the like were built, the atmosphere suffered. I cannot say if the potency of Vrindavan changed, but I can definitely say that my experience there changed for the worse. Mayapur became very different from when I first went there in 1973, but I knew how to avoid the crowds and troubles when I wanted to. I sought out Mayapur's natural spiritual energy and it always allowed me to find it easily.

There are hundreds of holy places in India and nearby countries. Some people like some places better than others. You have to experiment as a tourist.

Here is something that might be controversial: I was walking in Seattle around an area where Kamala had a course one day. Suddenly I found myself in a spot that filled me with images, feelings, and clear thoughts about the American Indians who resided there long before. The power there could easily be felt. I stood there and absorbed it as long as I could. I felt blessed.

I have felt amazing vibrations and energy in various forests all over the world. I loved these energies. I do not think any one country can claim exclusive rights to having amazing places! I shall never forget the amazing experience I had on the beach in Stavanger, Norway, during a mid winter storm. And who can forget that wonderful forest in Germany? Not I! But these places had power that spoke to me. I cannot say they would speak to you, but you never know till you try...