"Let Go and Connect!" 2. Sept. 2006

Have a good lecture topic you wish Hari to speak about? Put it here! Have feedback on previous lectures? Post it here! Have specific questions on a specific lecture that you want to know more about? Ask it here or put it in Discussions with Hari.
Guess

"Let Go and Connect!" 2. Sept. 2006

Post by Guess »

Dear Hari!

In your lecture on 02.09.2006 you've said, that one understands one does wrong things, but when it too late. (You've made an example with a smoker). As one is before a court (or Yamaraja) it is too late to improve the situation too. There is also a statement in Shrimad Bhagavatam, that a punishment actually do not change the punished, and the jail actually do not change the criminal, as if the punishment or reactions do not actually meant to change the people but for establish the justice or balance of the energy. It seems that the punishment must be there, where not perfect beings have a free will, but only to keep the world in balance.

If one loose contact with oneself in one place, can it be so, that in some other place he'll be OK? Or one takes problems with when one moves in another place, and the only solution is to change oneself? :roll:
Guess

Post by Guess »

Probably one looses a contact with oneself because of external attachments/aversions.
harsi

Post by harsi »

Hari
Site Admin

Post by Hari »

As far as I have seen, wherever you go, you go with you. Since most problems come from us or at least we are a major factor in them, you basically continue them wherever you are in one form or another. Adjusting the location might be good in some ways and may assist one for some time, but ultimately one has to deal with the same issues wherever one is, sooner or later!
Guess

Post by Guess »

I can only confirm this. After I've learned in x years the local language, I've understood that the main problems remain the same.